Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Notzarella

All news and information on the new Australian made dairy-free (vegan) cheese.

1 - 10 of 31 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
1 15 Dec 2011
Hi everyone!
I am very excited to tell you all about Notzarella.
I will use this thread to list stocklists and any news on the product.

Notzarella is a recent development in analogue cheese, brought to you by Greengrove Foods, native to Australia!

It tastes, shreds and melts like mozzarella, making it perfect for pizza.
Its also been known to be used in nachos, pasta bakes, and even raw in salads.

Besides tasting like a breakthrough, Notzarella is 100% lactose and dairy free. Its vegan, gluten free and free of common allergens (except soy).

Notzarella has several health advantages over regular cheese. It contains 0% cholesterol, the substance found in all regular cheese that leads to heart disease, the leading cause of death in Australia. It also contains no trans fat which is
sometimes found in non-dairy cheeses.

Notzarella is made from organic, wholefood ingredients where possible, including organically refined coconut oil and organic, non-genetically modified soybeans.

Melbourne and Brisbane are the priorities for the launch. Sydney is out for the time being, and if there is enough fight for demand in Adelaide then we can launch there.
We will stock in online stores, so hopefully you can get it from them.

As we are just starting up please be patient with us.

Use this thread to post stores you would like to see Notza in. If it's a Victorian store I will personally investigate the store as soon as I read your post.
Also feel free to ask any questions regarding the product.

We are starting up in just over a week, once we get stocklists I'll post and update when needed.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 15 Dec 2011
Stores in the Eastern suburbs would be great. Some stores that sell a lot of vegan products and might be interested would be Chirnside Park Health and Wellbeing at CP shopping centre, Go Vita stores in Ringwood and Knox, and Maxi Foods in Upper Ferntree Gully! I hope to be able to try it soon!
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 15 Dec 2011
Jordanwts said:
Melbourne and Brisbane are the priorities for the launch. Sydney is out for the time being, and if there is enough fight for demand in Adelaide then we can launch there.
We will stock in online stores, so hopefully you can get it from them.
Will it still be available to order online?

Edit: My bad, didn't read the last sentence.  ashamed2
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
4 15 Dec 2011
When you guys have finished launching Notzarella in the capital cities I would love to help to bring the cheese to the Newcastle area (which is the second most populated area in NSW).
I know a few shops that sell Cheezly, Tofutti etc. that would surely be interested.
happy
ReplyQuote

Czarina Czarina VIC Posts: 24
5 16 Dec 2011
Anywhere is Ballarat would be great, seeing as it's just up the road from Melbourne!

I'd say that Go Vita and Maxi foods would be the best bet in the 'rat, as well.
ReplyQuote

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
6 16 Dec 2011
Can it not be stocked in a main supermarket? Drives me nuts that i have to go all over the place to obtain my delicious.    If i must choose then GO VITA at THE GLEN SHOPPING centre is purrfect..... ;0)  ooh i can't wait.
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
7 16 Dec 2011
please please please bring it to perth!
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
8 16 Dec 2011
the gold coast would be naiiice happy
ReplyQuote

Tobii Tobii VIC Posts: 21
9 16 Dec 2011
Somewhere around Doncaster/Templestowe/Bulleen would be lovely! Not sure of any places there besides Safeway and Coles though. My local Safeway doesn't have any vegan cheeses in stock & I can't drive to places like the Radical Supermarket or anywhere to try find vegan cheese in my present situation (just finished school and don't have a car) :/
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
10 18 Dec 2011
Ok, sorry for taking a while to reply, it's been a busy few days.

Kirrilly, I am hoping to get it into the Eastern Suburbs asap. I will go check out Chirnside Park Health and Wellbeing this week. Go Vita is a possibility, I will probably look into them a week after the launch.

Maggie, hehe, yes. Vegan Perfecton has shown interest, and I've got my sights on another based in Melbourne. Green Edge Online sell it also, but you have to be quick with them as it's selling fast! Oh, and http://www.theveganstore.com.au/ sell it!

Abbiesaurus, I'll let you know if we are interested. happy

Czarina, I would love to get it to Ballarat! Are there any other health food/alternative stores in that area? I'll come up and check it out myself just after the launch (a week or two)

Miss. Jones, main supermarkets are very expensive to get into. They are not a priority at the start, but are kept in mind. We can only make so much cheese right now, but when we
expand main supermarkets will be much more of a possibility.

As I read in the other cheese thread, everyone was saying how main supermarkets have reduced their stock. This is because if it's not selling, it's gone, and they will sell the shelf space to another product. While I doubt this would happen with Notzarella, it's still a chance and a risk.

Since Go Vita has been mentioned in quite a few posts, I think I will look into them sooner than expected.

Catyren, we will try! After the launch and when we get into mass-production we will be looking at other states around Australia.

le gabrielle, Gold Coast is a big possibility, I'll keep you posted.

LadyFaust, I'm not sure of that area either, it is in mind though. I'll visit this week and have a look.

Thank you everyone for your input! happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au