Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

maggi noodles!

11 - 20 of 23 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
12 18 Dec 2011
why must animal testing be so wide spread? D:  gaaaaaaah.
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
13 19 Dec 2011
Unleashed Admin
Maggie said:
All those emulsifiers, colours, flavours, preservatives, etc, are they what some vegans call 'micro ingredients'? If so, then some vegans choose to ignore micro ingredients, and would consider those noodles to be suitable for vegans to eat.
Yes, those are often referred to as micro-ingredients. These micro-ingredients are only used because of demand for meat, eggs, milk. So when people stop consuming those major ingredients, it's highly unlikely these micro-ingredients would be used.

Many veg*ns don't concern themselves with checking for these micro-ingredients, because it makes being vegan look much harder to other people (and we want everyone to realise how easy it can be) -- and because the time and mental energy to memorise and check for those micro-ingredients would probably be better invested in helping animals in some other way (eg. vegan leafleting).
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
14 20 Dec 2011
GUH what is the obsession with Maggi Noodles! you only like them because of the years exposure to MSG...

GET A REGULAR PLAIN OL' Noodle cake... ???

Then Add Vegetable Stock... ! It is the same thing, just healthier and cheaper,
if you end up using the big container of stock for this and soups and stuff,
if you ever get to using it all... but the Noodle Cakes are Much cheaper,
with-out the flavouring packets.

Which you will be throwing away if you buy them anyway.

So IDK...

*sigh
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
15 21 Dec 2011
i don't see why i'd be throwing out the flavouring sachet considering the company has confirmed its veganness.
i did contemplate buying noodle cakes with like, massel stock or something, but i couldn't find any noodle cakes that looked appropriate for my cause.
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
16 21 Dec 2011
Maggie said:
All those emulsifiers, colours, flavours, preservatives, etc, are they what some vegans call 'micro ingredients'? If so, then some vegans choose to ignore micro ingredients, and would consider those noodles to be suitable for vegans to eat.

However, I suppose it all comes down to personal choice. I wouldn't eat them, because last time I ate noodles they had a really strong plastic taste, but if you want to eat them, and don't feel comfortable about the flavouring sachet ingredients, just use a bit of powdered vegetable stock. It works well, and they taste like chicken noodles.

I heard Mi Goreng noodles are vegan, too.
migoreng is definitely not vegan

"The inclusion of flavour enhancer 631 makes Indomie Mi Goreng unsuitable for vegetarians and vegans."
also the fact it contains palm oil..

bleh who needs processed foods anyway -_-'
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
17 21 Dec 2011
I always wondered about Zen House mi goreng noodles because the ones I saw in the shops had egg in them.

well there was only one I could find, I think hot and spicy that was Vegan by reading the ingredients...

and even then... I didn't trust some of the packets that came with it and just used the plain chilipowder with some vegetable stock.. which is alot nicer anyway? and includes more veggies in it?

http://www.vegeta.com.au/products/vegeta-gourmet-stock-powder

No animal content is listed there just fyi, I was interested as I havn't actually checked lol.
ReplyQuote

Caitie McG Caitie McG VIC Posts: 2
18 30 May 2014
Maggi Noodles are open to interpretation...If you're a vegan who considers micro ingredients, then no they are not vegan. Just like a majority of processed foods. But if you don't consider micro ingredients, then yes they are vegan. Simple as that! wink
ReplyQuote

MPriya MPriya India Posts: 1
19 27 Sep 2014
No Animal products added in maggi but still it is not vegan.

How? Maggi has sugar. Processed sugar isn't vegan. Bone Charcoal has been used to process the sugar. I consider sugar as Non Vegan and I use either raw cane sugar or palm sugar.

By the way, I am Mohana from India happy
ReplyQuote

Jashu Jashu NSW Posts: 4
20 2 Oct 2014
Hi In Australia n pacific region they do not use bone char for sugar refining
i am n vegan n had enquired with csr woolworthd n coles sugars
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au