Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Western Australia fruit/veggies?

Vegan organic

1 - 5 of 5 posts

mark1 mark1 WA Posts: 26
1 20 Dec 2011
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone from Western Australia had any idea if there are any vegan organic farms here? Is there anywhere that sells vegan organic?

If there aren't any vegan organic produce available here, does anyone have a special shop or farm you get your organic fruit/veggies?

Thanks!
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
2 20 Dec 2011
Subiaco farmers market every saturday 8am - 12pm
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 20 Dec 2011
I used to get a lot of my produce from Hills Fresh in Mundaring as it was all locally sourced, but unsure of its veganess.

I assume you're looking for produce grown without the use of products like blood'n'bone?
ReplyQuote

mark1 mark1 WA Posts: 26
4 21 Dec 2011
Hi,

Yes ideally one that that excludes artificial chemicals, livestock manures, animal remains from slaughterhouses, genetically modified material and indeed anything of animal origin such as fishmeal.

Here is a site on Veganic organics but they're in UK sad sad http://www.veganorganic.net/
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
5 21 Dec 2011
I think finding vegan organic produce would be tough here. We have some of the poorest soils in the world and farmers have to put a lot of work into the soil for it to be able to grow the vegetables we like to eat here so I'd say that they'd be inclined to use anything that will improve the soil as much as possible. Have you thought about starting your own veggie garden?
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au