Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

NIVEA?

vegan friendly or not?

1 - 10 of 10 posts


lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
1 22 Dec 2011
I'm a tad confused i just watched some give away video by Matthew Lush that was a pack of Nivea stuff.. his vegan and now i'm confused because vegans don't buy things tested on animals (most) so is Nivea in the cruelty free zone now or?

ahh
ReplyQuote

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
2 22 Dec 2011
Hey Lyds,
I've always been under the impression that Nivea is not cruelty-free. When in doubt, I refer to the Choose Cruelty Free List because they update it monthly and they are pretty strict on eligibility http://www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au/list.html ...I can't see it there  sad

Maybe he doesn't know? Might be worth tweeting him?
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
3 22 Dec 2011
Jane said:
Hey Lyds,
I've always been under the impression that Nivea is not cruelty-free. When in doubt, I refer to the Choose Cruelty Free List because they update it monthly and they are pretty strict on eligibility http://www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au/list.html ...I can't see it there  sad

Maybe he doesn't know? Might be worth tweeting him?
im pretty sure ccf only features australian brands? OR mostly australian? Maybe check the peta guide!
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
4 22 Dec 2011
Apparently Nivea do not test on animals, although they have not given permission for PETA to list them on their 'companies that don't test on animals' list.
It seems as though they're legit, but I would look further into it before anyone goes buying their products as they could be owned by a company which does do animal testing, or they may use ingredients in their products which were tested on animals.
ReplyQuote

lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
5 22 Dec 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
Apparently Nivea do not test on animals, although they have not given permission for PETA to list them on their 'companies that don't test on animals' list.
It seems as though they're legit, but I would look further into it before anyone goes buying their products as they could be owned by a company which does do animal testing, or they may use ingredients in their products which were tested on animals.
http://www.sustainability.beiersdorf.com/Products/Animal-Protection.aspx?l=2

found this, apparently they do not?
but thats what loreal says on their website..
Loreal has not commited animal testing in 20 years yad yada alternatives make it safe yadayada.. do not know if i can trust them..
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
6 22 Dec 2011
Ethical consumer guide says they are involved in animal testing:
http://www.ethical.org.au/company/?company=99

So yeah they may not actually test on animals themselves, but to me it sounds like they're paying other people to do it for them.
ReplyQuote

lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
7 22 Dec 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
Ethical consumer guide says they are involved in animal testing:
http://www.ethical.org.au/company/?company=99

So yeah they may not actually test on animals themselves, but to me it sounds like they're paying other people to do it for them.
but then their also from europe and they have a no animal testing policy?
auhh i dont knowww  -cries-
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
8 23 Dec 2011
I've only ever heard that they do. It's like Ellen Degeneres whose always going on about veganism and how people should go vegan for the animals yet she's the face of CoverGirl a brand that animal tests and uses animal ingredients! It's just weird. I'm sure there's a ton of money in it for her but really how disgusting.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
9 23 Dec 2011
yeah with companies like this = esp international ones we really best not to buy them coz we cant be sure. I stopped buying nivea -but also there was like Glycerine, lactose or some things like that in a makeup remover i was using so they use animal products.

best to buy local......on a random note - i saw tonnes of Sukin stuff in my local priceline yesterday =D
ReplyQuote

StephVeganXO StephVeganXO QLD Posts: 124
10 24 Dec 2011
nivea is one of the worst things u can put on ur skin anyway, dont take the risk with supermarket products they are full of rubbish, I have been a beauty therapist for 5 years and i tell u if u look after ur skin with professional products u wont regret it later, for vegan skincare go for SALON natural ranges, make sure its a salon range to have enough active ingredients in it to work on your skin, cheap natural ranges have good things in there, rose oil, eyebright extract etc but not enough to actually to actually work on your skin... pay the difference the skin is the largest organ in ur body look after it! happy

We use Yuva at my salon, look it up, 100% cruelty free x x
ReplyQuote