Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Evil Doggy!

A doggy nearly killed my chicken!

1 - 8 of 8 posts

fewfwfewfwe fewfwfewfwe VIC Posts: 32
1 23 Dec 2011
Hey everyone how are you? Just wanted to share a story it starts like this.
Today in the afternoon when my mum was learning guitar I saw our neighbors dog.
I said to mum ''Mum would you like me to shoo off that dog?
''Yes please Connor''
so I went to shoo off the doggy and he started jumping all over me love so i said ''cmon' boy
its time for you to go home'' so he followed me jumping on my legs and then i got carried away and played with him for a little bit then it was time for him to go he stared at my cat for a little bit strong strong so then i was walking on the road and he followed then he noticed my chickens  lookatme so he chased the white one then mum holded him on the ground and called the owner so it took a while for them to get here...
Soo i was calling the dog over on the road he ran up then i came back and he ran past the grey and white silky chicken and then he saw it and chased it ripping out lots of her feathers  i don't know if the chicken will survive or not but i think theres an %80 chance it will survive and that is the story.  bye
ReplyQuote

2 23 Dec 2011
Connor Cushen! said:
Hey everyone how are you? Just wanted to share a story it starts like this.
Today in the afternoon when my mum was learning guitar I saw our neighbors dog.
I said to mum ''Mum would you like me to shoo off that dog?
''Yes please Connor''
so I went to shoo off the doggy and he started jumping all over me love so i said ''cmon' boy
its time for you to go home'' so he followed me jumping on my legs and then i got carried away and played with him for a little bit then it was time for him to go he stared at my cat for a little bit strong strong so then i was walking on the road and he followed then he noticed my chickens  lookatme so he chased the white one then mum holded him on the ground and called the owner so it took a while for them to get here...
Soo i was calling the dog over on the road he ran up then i came back and he ran past the grey and white silky chicken and then he saw it and chased it ripping out lots of her feathers  i don't know if the chicken will survive or not but i think theres an %80 chance it will survive and that is the story.  bye
Well the doggy is not evil its he's instinct.
ReplyQuote

Julie4 Julie4 VIC Posts: 1
3 23 Dec 2011
people should not let their dogs roam and destroy other animals! poor darling chookie is a mess!
ReplyQuote

4 24 Dec 2011
Julie4 said:
people should not let their dogs roam and destroy other animals! poor darling chookie is a mess!
Would you prefer them locked in cages then?!
I think animals should be free to roam but if they have dogs that are attacking our chooks they should check on them every now and then but if they are attacking our chooks we should check every now and then also it is us and our neighbors job to check if anythings happening.
idea
ReplyQuote

5 24 Dec 2011
No we never want any animals caged. People should think about how they will manage them before having them. personally, I don't think it's a good idea to keep dogs in the bush with lots of native animals about. These people have a large area around their house fenced ( a number of acres)and only need shut the gate. Do you think I should have to keep my chickens locked in cages because of roaming dogs???
This is Connors mum who couldn't be bothered logging in as herself!
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
6 24 Dec 2011
Poor Chooky sad Hope she/he is ok now happy

I personally think that animals shouldnt be allowed to roam the streets  becouse of the dangours of been hit by traffic, going into a bad backyard where they can possibly be abused and they can get lost, picked up by authorities and possibly destroyed. They shouldnt be tired either nor should they be in a cage. Dogs should be in a fenced in backyard if they are in town, where they can be kept safe and so that they cant escape and hurt other animals and people. - Take them for walks to the park, beach or down the road if you want to take them out.

With chooks i think that they should be locked up at night to protect them from preditors but let out into a backyard of a day were they can roam and scratch around happy - well this is what i do anyway.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
7 24 Dec 2011
OinkMoo said:
Poor Chooky sad Hope she/he is ok now happy

I personally think that animals shouldnt be allowed to roam the streets  becouse of the dangours of been hit by traffic, going into a bad backyard where they can possibly be abused and they can get lost, picked up by authorities and possibly destroyed. They shouldnt be tired either nor should they be in a cage. Dogs should be in a fenced in backyard if they are in town, where they can be kept safe and so that they cant escape and hurt other animals and people. - Take them for walks to the park, beach or down the road if you want to take them out.

With chooks i think that they should be locked up at night to protect them from preditors but let out into a backyard of a day were they can roam and scratch around happy - well this is what i do anyway.
Pretty much this. Way to dangerous to let dogs roam around with all the cars and not so nice people out there, plus they may come across a bigger dog that doesn't like them.

Dogs should get lots of attention and interaction, while being secure on your property, and should also be taken for walks daily. And to give them more freedom they can also be let to run around for a while on a long line, or if trained properly, off leash completely, some where safe, but only with the owners supervision.
I'm sick of roaming dogs coming up to me when I walk my dogs. I have a dog who um, needs a fair bit of personal space. He is in training, but every time a dog runs up like these roaming dogs, it sets the training back, which is very frustrating.

Shame about the chook though, hope shes ok!
ReplyQuote

8 29 Jan 2012
Yes we do lock them up at night they each sleep on a stick.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au