Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Any Zoology/Wildlife Biology students on here?

UQ

1 - 5 of 5 posts

.jasmine. .jasmine. QLD Posts: 18
1 5 Jan 2012
I did my first year of Wildlife Science out at UQ Gatton in 2011 thinking I would love it, but wowww was I wrong. It is too agriculturally (is that even a word?) inclined for my liking and pretty much makes me bitter to even think about the year.....sigh  confused

Anywhoozles, I've applied to switch my degree from Applied Science to Science, and am considering either marine or zoology.

Anyone on here taken a similar path or got some stories to tell?
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
2 5 Jan 2012
.jasmine. said:
I did my first year of Wildlife Science out at UQ Gatton in 2011 thinking I would love it, but wowww was I wrong. It is too agriculturally (is that even a word?) inclined for my liking and pretty much makes me bitter to even think about the year.....sigh  confused

Anywhoozles, I've applied to switch my degree from Applied Science to Science, and am considering either marine or zoology.

Anyone on here taken a similar path or got some stories to tell?
I started conservation and wildlife bio at murdoch in 2010, did a year but it bored me to tears. There was only one unit that I enjoyed which was to do with identifying plants, the exam was practical which was the best bit. Nothing I loathe more than sitting in a room for hours staring at paper. I also realised that my degree was leading to a life in a lab which I really didn't want so it didn't make much sense to keep going.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
3 6 Jan 2012
havent done in the past - but have to enrol next month for my studies this year - i might seriously consider zoology or something along thsi path - i think it sounds good too. but i never complete my courses :/
ReplyQuote

Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
4 8 Jan 2012
Studying biology at UOW, going into 2nd year. First year was awesome, good mixture of prac and theory, but am undecided on whether to focus on conservation bio or medical biotech
ReplyQuote

Marky Marky QLD Posts: 8
5 23 Apr 2013
UQG represent!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au