Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Tassie vegans

1 - 7 of 7 posts

SammyGee95 SammyGee95 VIC Posts: 10
1 14 Jan 2012
Hey there fellow Tassie vegans happy
I wanted to say hi and ask, what are some of your fav. vegan products and where do you buy them? Favourite vegan stores? And anything else vegan! happy
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
2 15 Jan 2012
Hi happy Im near launceston - other than the usual grocery stuff   which I get from Coles..... I have ordered online from City Organics (in hobart) they have everything from vegan cheese, to meat substitutes etc.
I wiiiissssh they were closer to me - i would be in there ALL the tiiiime!

Natures Way are also really good for vegan & health foods. There are quite a few health food stores in Hobart who sell vegan truffles.....and here in Launny we have 'Fresh' - the vegan/vegetarian cafe........

fave vegan stuff:
So Good lite milk and so good chocolate icecream, Sanitarium sausages, burgers, mince, natural peanut butter, marmite....and Nutrisoy Tempeh (all coles)
Lotus - savoury yeast flakes (natures way or health food stores)
Frys vegetarian schnitzels, burgers , strips (woolworths)
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 15 Jan 2012
xAshlee said:
Natures Way are also really good for vegan & health foods.
Do you mean Nature's Works? My mum used to work there, they've got lots of vegan foods and health foods. You can also get agave nectar from there, but unfortunately they don't sell vegan cheese.

If you're near Hobart, there's a new vegan cafe/take away called 'Vegelicious' opening in Moonah. Not sure if it'll be any good, generally I avoid take away, but I kind of like the idea of a veg*an specific take away store.

At Woolworths you can now get vegan 'tim tams' in the health food section. My Woolworths only started stocking them a few weeks ago, but they're made by Macro.
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
4 15 Jan 2012
Maggie said:
At Woolworths you can now get vegan 'tim tams' in the health food section. My Woolworths only started stocking them a few weeks ago, but they're made by Macro.
Just on a side note [I'm not from Tassie, sorry for interrupting the topic] have you tried Leda's version? They are called Choculence and they also have a mint version called Minton. These are availible from Woolworths or Coles. Better than Tim Tams ever were. xD
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 16 Jan 2012
yes Maggie, i meant natures Work lol sorry everyone .....

they rock.

and ive tried Leda's minton & choculence and YES they do also rock!
ReplyQuote

6 20 Jan 2012
Hey, thanks for your replies!

I'll have to try this new cafe! I'm in Devonport but I visit Hobart frequently because I grew up there and lived there until a few years ago. So I'll have to remember that it's there!
ReplyQuote

7 20 Jan 2012
xAshlee said:
Hi happy Im near launceston - other than the usual grocery stuff   which I get from Coles..... I have ordered online from City Organics (in hobart) they have everything from vegan cheese, to meat substitutes etc.
I wiiiissssh they were closer to me - i would be in there ALL the tiiiime!

Natures Way are also really good for vegan & health foods. There are quite a few health food stores in Hobart who sell vegan truffles.....and here in Launny we have 'Fresh' - the vegan/vegetarian cafe........

fave vegan stuff:
So Good lite milk and so good chocolate icecream, Sanitarium sausages, burgers, mince, natural peanut butter, marmite....and Nutrisoy Tempeh (all coles)
Lotus - savoury yeast flakes (natures way or health food stores)
Frys vegetarian schnitzels, burgers , strips (woolworths)
Sounds like you eat a lot of similar things to me actually.
I love City Organics!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au