Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Australia Day.

ah, lots of people will get angry at me, australians and human rights rant.

1 - 10 of 52 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  

mushroomfeilds mushroomfeilds SA Posts: 320
1 25 Jan 2012
Tomorrow, many people who have lived in Australia their whole lives will be targeted by nationalist idiots because of their ‘un-Australian’ appearance. I think it is time we all thought about what it is that makes some of us think that we have the right to abuse other people about how they look, where they lived before they lived in Australia  and how it is that they came to reside here.

I was born Australian, I love the fact that I am apart of this country and I am ever so grateful that I was lucky enough to be born here but the fact is, that is all I did, I just happened to be born here. I made no difficult decisions to get here and I sacrificed nothing, I have had an easy life handed to me for that I am happy but I believe that it means I have very little right to parade around how Australian i am.

Someone who moved here from a first world situation overseas had to make a difficult decision to move here, they had to leave all their friends and family and a life of familiarity and comfort  to live in an unknown. They made large amounts of sacrifice to give themselves and their families the best opportunity, after making that much of an effort in to being Australian, they can be proud of that. They can be proud of achieving an Australian status.

Refugees who moved from a third world country after going through the legal visa application process. These people have come from horrible situations and have lived, often fearing for the lives of people they love and their own lived. They have suffered with out the ability to the basic neccessities that we take for granted. They lived in this horrible situation waiting for a visa to be approved. They took active steps to fix their situation and both risked and saved their lives in doing so. They left everything behind only to face more hatred, They left, and in some cases lost everything to give themselves the chance of a life with basic human rights and had to fight to be accepted even after all that hard work.

refugees who come here via ‘illegal means’ (it isnt actually illegal they are called asylum seekers and we are meant to be decent people and help them out) have the most reason to be patriotic, they really worked hard to become apart of this country. These people left everything and everyone they have, if they had anything or anyone left. they risked their life by coming over here on things such as shitty little boats that could literally disintergrate before they even arrive, with the knowledge that they could quite possibly die. Once they arrived, if they didnt die on the way here they have been locked up for 3+ years, in the middle of nowhere with no real connection to the outside world. many of them developed mental disorders and became suicidal. IF they were legally accepted in to out country they then had to face a county full of racist nationalists, learn a new language, recover from the hardships they have faced. After working so hard to become apart of this country, what makes you think you, who sat on your ass and complained about taxes and whinged about having to go to school, have ANY right to make these people feel like they don’t belong here? they deserve this place more than we ever will.

be proud to be Australian because we are lucky to have people working so hard to be here, be proud of the members of the community who are accepting and make it a better place.

[ADMIN EDIT: Please use astericks if you want to swear]

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
2 26 Jan 2012
Yeah, you sound like a moron
ReplyQuote

Vinnie89 Vinnie89 NSW Posts: 37
3 26 Jan 2012
Aaron said:
Please my friend expand on why you think she sounds moronic?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 26 Jan 2012
Vinnie89 said:
Aaron said:
Yes please doo.....
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
5 26 Jan 2012
I see Australia day as a fancy word for invasion day to be honest. After all that's all it really was, a day when our great,great+ family members (well mine anyway) came to the country on a boat and took over the country.
Not something I care to celebrate myself but I don't mind others celebrating and having fun. I just enjoy the day off lol

But I also agree with the op. You don't need to be born here to love the country
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
6 26 Jan 2012
It's unAustralian if you're not Australian
ReplyQuote

Celia Kate Celia Kate VIC Posts: 22
7 26 Jan 2012
i completely agree that we who were born here are the ones that least deserve to live here because we were all born on the earth but some of us happened to be graced with australian land and to call yourself australian is to call ourselves happy but how in the hell are we supposed to be happy knowing what others that can't say that they're happy go through?! ashamed2
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
8 26 Jan 2012
If anyone is celebrating I hope they do so with sensitivity.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
9 26 Jan 2012
I really don't like Australia Day. I don't really see it as a day worth celebrating. Everybody seems to think it's a day where you can be an arrogant insensitive racist. Invasion day is an extremely appropriate name.
ReplyQuote

mushroomfeilds mushroomfeilds SA Posts: 320
10 26 Jan 2012
Vinnie89 said:
Aaron said:
I would quite like to know as well. if it is because it's not particularly well writting I guess that is fair enough.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au