Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

How Many People Here Have A Vegan Or Vegetarian Partner?

1 - 10 of 28 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Neenzi Neenzi WA Posts: 94
1 27 Jan 2012
I'm interested to know. My partner was a vegetarian for 15 years but started eating meat again before we met. I would really love it if he was again.
ReplyQuote

VeganEra VeganEra QLD Posts: 202
2 28 Jan 2012
Hey Neens,

My partner Amanda and I are both Vegans. Though I started first, and I think it was a bit of a shock to her. I actually didn't tell her for a while, then we were out to dinner and I ordered a veg meal, and she was like "Are you veg"..ha ha.
She transitioned to a veg diet about 6 months later, then she was diagnosed with cancer and read the China Study and changed her life. She went Vegan straight away and never looked back.

During the whole time she wasn't veg I didn't push anything on to her. I just kept on making her amazing veg meals. Then after a while she didn't look for it anymore.

I am sure that he will come back and see the light. He will notice the difference when he starts eating meat. When he switches back his soul will feel so much lighter and his whole being will feel uplifted.

Maybe he just got a little bored and thought about mixing git up. But I am sure that he will see the light.
ReplyQuote

ok ok NSW Posts: 232
3 28 Jan 2012
I do, though he wouldn't call himself a vegan he also would never order something that wasn't except for the occasional aoli or something. Think he doesn't want the label especially because for him it's more for health reasons
ReplyQuote

Michelle 2.0 Michelle 2.0 QLD Posts: 42
4 28 Jan 2012
My boyfriend's a vegetarian, and eats a lot less egg and milk products now that I'm around ;D But yeah, it's so relieving not to make out with someone who has disgusting meat breath. Like I have no problem with people eat meat in front of me, such as my friends, but if I have to watch them eat a steak and then kiss that same mouth, it makes me want to gag. I dated a omni once, briefly, and I don't think I'd do it again if I did break up with my vego boyfriend.
ReplyQuote

Mordechai Mordechai WA Posts: 51
5 28 Jan 2012
Partner has been vegetarian since she was about 9yrs old, along with her sister since 6yr olds and her mother for 20+ years.
I'm the baby, although only cook vegan so she gets the best of both worlds. happy

Formless really, we do it for health reasons and for nonviolence.
ReplyQuote

Mordechai Mordechai WA Posts: 51
6 28 Jan 2012
May-Z said:
I do, though he wouldn't call himself a vegan he also would never order something that wasn't except for the occasional aoli or something. Think he doesn't want the label especially because for him it's more for health reasons
truth!
ReplyQuote

Neenzi Neenzi WA Posts: 94
7 28 Jan 2012
Michelle 2.0 said:
My boyfriend's a vegetarian, and eats a lot less egg and milk products now that I'm around ;D But yeah, it's so relieving not to make out with someone who has disgusting meat breath. Like I have no problem with people eat meat in front of me, such as my friends, but if I have to watch them eat a steak and then kiss that same mouth, it makes me want to gag. I dated a omni once, briefly, and I don't think I'd do it again if I did break up with my vego boyfriend.
Haha I tell my partner to brush his teeth before I will kiss him after he eats meat.
ReplyQuote

PurpleFae PurpleFae NSW Posts: 283
8 28 Jan 2012
My partner and I were vego went we met and already were thinking of going vegan at the time so started the transition together. A lot easier I think! tongue
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
9 28 Jan 2012
My guy and I have done it all in sync really. It's fantastic to both be on the same track and of course what is most important to me is that we have the same morals and ethics. Neither one of us could stand to go back to eating meat or having dairy.
ReplyQuote

Haaayyyllleeeyyy Haaayyyllleeeyyy VIC Posts: 41
10 28 Jan 2012
I lectured my boyfriend on eating meat every day until he gave up red meat. He still eats chicken and fish because he's a body builder and he says he 'needs it',  but Im still extremely proud of him.

And I won't kiss him if he's been eating white meat either hahaha funny
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au