Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

couldn't possibly touch chicken now

1 - 3 of 3 posts

Betheney Betheney VIC Posts: 24
1 30 Jan 2012
So i've been vegetarian for 12 months and vegan for 3 and no matter how much time lapsed i still missed meat, but i'm okay saying no to it because i'm living a cruelty free and loving life.

Today my husband (who is omni) asked if he passed me freezer bags full of chicken could i put them in the freezer, i agreed as it's not like i was touching the meat directly or cooking it, i was just giving my husband a longer arm. Anyway when he passed me the bag i beleive they were chicken wings and i could instantly feel it through the plastic and it felt soft and fleshy and i could feel the bones and because the meat was defrosted and raw the bones and joints would move as i handled the bag, i just about vomitted in my mouth it was so sickening to think that this living animal was now dead in my hands with it's joints still moving around, i can't even explain how much it grossed me out and made my stomach turn.

I can't stop thinking about how disgusting it was and i truly know that i will never ever be tempted by chicken again. I don't know how i ate it for all those years and just chose to ignore the fact it was an animal so i could eat it. How can i ignore that very crucial fact.

The knowledge and videos were enough to turn me vegetarian/vegan but not enough to make my brain turn off to how much it still desired it. But now... this had definitely put a stop to those thoughts.

I'd rather starve then ever put my teeth through that poor poor animals flesh.
ReplyQuote

Ronnie Ronnie QLD Posts: 205
2 30 Jan 2012
Your feelings you had when handling the poor deceased creature are the exact reasons I became vego, then turned vegan when I realised the absolutely horrible truths to the egg & dairy industry.

I do understand how you may have wanted the taste of meat again - we forget what something tastes like so we begin to muse upon that topic.  

Luckily you had a "wake-up" call when you handled those poor chook wings.  I can't even think of meat anymore without picturing the innocent creature & their beautiful eyes; it makes me sick to the stomach that I used to consume them just like any other piece of food.  I wish I had've woken up to myself earlier, but now that I have, if I ever (& I better not) feel like trying decomposing flesh again; I will just picture or find a picture of the beautiful animal I wish to consume.  Gaze at it & think of how horrid the conditions were that led to it nearly being on my plate & in my mouth

It's the best way to keep on track I believe - never, ever lose track of why you went vegan in the first place: YOU LOVE & RESPECT & WANT TO PROTECT ANIMALS (no eat them).

Stay strong!!  strong
ReplyQuote

Betheney Betheney VIC Posts: 24
3 30 Jan 2012
Ronnie said:
Your feelings you had when handling the poor deceased creature are the exact reasons I became vego, then turned vegan when I realised the absolutely horrible truths to the egg & dairy industry.

I do understand how you may have wanted the taste of meat again - we forget what something tastes like so we begin to muse upon that topic.  

Luckily you had a "wake-up" call when you handled those poor chook wings.  I can't even think of meat anymore without picturing the innocent creature & their beautiful eyes; it makes me sick to the stomach that I used to consume them just like any other piece of food.  I wish I had've woken up to myself earlier, but now that I have, if I ever (& I better not) feel like trying decomposing flesh again; I will just picture or find a picture of the beautiful animal I wish to consume.  Gaze at it & think of how horrid the conditions were that led to it nearly being on my plate & in my mouth

It's the best way to keep on track I believe - never, ever lose track of why you went vegan in the first place: YOU LOVE & RESPECT & WANT TO PROTECT ANIMALS (no eat them).

Stay strong!!  strong
Thanks Ronnie, i was so glad that i never gave in when so often i wanted too because now i'll never waver again. I definitly muse after cheese alot and your right in that we build it up in our heads to be something so yummy and about 2 weeks ago i popped a piece into my mouth and upon chewing it realised it didn't taste anywhere near as good as i wanted it to so i spat it out and rinsed my mouth and now my cheese craving is gone for good. But i'm glad that it didn't take putting chicken into my mouth to break my meat love, that i was able to stay away from it long enough and to now be disgusted by it.

Your words were lovely and so very true! those poor poor little animals.

love
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au