Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Is there such a thing Reptuable Rodent Breeders Australia?

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Animal Mad Animal Mad VIC Posts: 14
1 15 Feb 2012
I know of a websight that had links to rodent breeders but all seemed to have expired in my state of victoria so where would I get rats and mice for pets ethically & yes I know to keep the two different rodents seperate?
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 16 Feb 2012
Sadly there is no such thing as a "reputable" breeder of anything...

I would only look for a "reputable rodent breeder" if I needed to feed reptiles (yes I know how much of a contradiction this is.)
ReplyQuote

Saresare Saresare QLD Posts: 12
3 14 Apr 2012
If you're looking for a pet rat or mouse, try guinea pig rescues. I don't know how common they are in Victoria, but here in Queensland we've practically got guinea rescues coming out our ears, and every rescue I've seen also takes in mice and rats, and because murids aren't popular adoptive pets, they more often than not have a ready supply of them in all ages up for adoption.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 327
4 15 Apr 2012
Also normal rescues usually have them. Usually young too, I would look into buying from a rescue instead of a breeder. Will they have a big cage to roam in and lots of toys to play with? ( especially rats as they are pretty smart)
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
5 15 Apr 2012
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
6 16 Apr 2012
The RSPCA has rats and mice for adoption. You can check to see what animals are available here: http://www.adoptapet.com.au/

Also you could always put an ad on gumtree saying that you will adopt any unwanted rats or mice.
ReplyQuote