Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Project proposes 'brainless chickens' for future

I new means for mass food production to appear humane? Your thoughts...

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

PurpleFae PurpleFae NSW Posts: 283
1 16 Feb 2012
"A British architecture student has developed a potential system for the mass production of chickens that involves removing part of the animals' brain so they don't realise how bad their situation is."

Read more here: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8420787/project-proposes-brainless-chickens-for-future
ReplyQuote

Michelle 2.0 Michelle 2.0 QLD Posts: 42
2 16 Feb 2012
The first thing I thought after reading this was that it reminded me of the movie/book 'Never Let Me Go'...
ReplyQuote

Jordanfun Jordanfun WA Posts: 79
3 16 Feb 2012
Sounds bad, I'm sticking to plants.
ReplyQuote

Buddha Baby Buddha Baby QLD Posts: 28
4 17 Feb 2012
That is really twisted and wrong!
ReplyQuote

Hummingbird Hummingbird NSW Posts: 1
5 17 Feb 2012
I read this article yesterday, and I was curious as to whether it was intended as a point of reference to the general public regarding the conditions of broiler chickens and subsequently to highlight the disgusting state of the industry.
I'm confused as to whether this is serious or not, however I think this project has been useful in bringing to light the nature of the meat industry in a creative way that has shocked large numbers of the meat eating public... maybe?
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
6 17 Feb 2012
Wow... that's so truly awful. Think I'm going to have to share that one on my facebook www.facebook.com/VeganTasmania
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
7 17 Feb 2012
I really don't think we should be messing with genetics like that : and what the heck, brainless does not mean they won't still have nerve systems and feel pain it's just wrong.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1333
8 17 Feb 2012
Michelle 2.0 said:
The first thing I thought after reading this was that it reminded me of the movie/book 'Never Let Me Go'...
That was my thoughts too :/
ReplyQuote

Lotus Eater Lotus Eater QLD Posts: 60
9 17 Feb 2012
Am I the only person who sees this as a (relatively) good thing?
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1217
10 18 Feb 2012
I would prefer them to work on lab grown meat.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]