Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

The new LIE of a KFC ad

Here's the letter I wrote

11 - 20 of 31 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
11 20 Mar 2012
Hey is it okay if we copy this and send it too?
ReplyQuote

SaRa_aRaS SaRa_aRaS QLD Posts: 54
12 21 Mar 2012
I get mad every single time that stupid ad comes on. It makes me so angry, and honestly, do people actually believe this bull crap?  angry
ReplyQuote

Haaayyyllleeeyyy Haaayyyllleeeyyy VIC Posts: 41
13 21 Mar 2012
Clud said:
Hey is it okay if we copy this and send it too?
Go right ahead. I got a reply but all it was was the details of their chicken suppliers. Idiots.

chick
ReplyQuote

Shahna Lammajamma Shahna Lammajamma QLD Posts: 56
14 21 Mar 2012
This ad made me sooooo mad my flat mates were even like "that was an ad for KFC i thought it was one of those animal right ads" ........ its because they make it seem like these people are playing and being friendly with the chickens and then what do they do pull out some fried dead chicken legs and munch down on them.....like seriously how can anyone with a brain and heart think thats okay to so !!!!! Seriously ( sorry was a bit of a rant )
ReplyQuote

15 22 Mar 2012
Shahna Lammajamma said:
This ad made me sooooo mad my flat mates were even like "that was an ad for KFC i thought it was one of those animal right ads" ........ its because they make it seem like these people are playing and being friendly with the chickens and then what do they do pull out some fried dead chicken legs and munch down on them.....like seriously how can anyone with a brain and heart think thats okay to so !!!!! Seriously ( sorry was a bit of a rant )
I'm just so glad I'm not the only one SERIOUSLY out-raged by this.
ReplyQuote

Torx Torx VIC Posts: 10
16 26 Mar 2012
When I saw this ad, the first thought that came into my head was 'WTF?'. Seeing this made me so angry. Clearly this add is a lie, so how did it get past broadcasting regulations when their information is false......................?
Watching it also made me think of how people people will now be swayed into buying KFC because the chicken is 'free range'. Innocent lives lost at the expense of stupidity.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
17 26 Mar 2012
Torx said:
When I saw this ad, the first thought that came into my head was 'WTF?'. Seeing this made me so angry. Clearly this add is a lie, so how did it get past broadcasting regulations when their information is false......................?
Watching it also made me think of how people people will now be swayed into buying KFC because the chicken is 'free range'. Innocent lives lost at the expense of stupidity.
Thats what I would like to have more information on. If they are "free range" where are they sourcing their chicken from? Because Steggles and inghams are clearly not "free range".
Unless they are classing broilers in sheds as free range, because technically, if you think about it, they are. They are "free to roam/range" they just don't walk on real ground, aren't surrounded by daylight, and are denied the ability to forrage (can't spell) for food like they would naturally due to the food being provided through feeders. This could still technically be classed as free range, but clearly it is nothing like what their ad claims to have their chooks come from.
ReplyQuote

Torx Torx VIC Posts: 10
18 26 Mar 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
Torx said:
Thats what I would like to have more information on. If they are "free range" where are they sourcing their chicken from? Because Steggles and inghams are clearly not "free range".
Unless they are classing broilers in sheds as free range, because technically, if you think about it, they are. They are "free to roam/range" they just don't walk on real ground, aren't surrounded by daylight, and are denied the ability to forrage (can't spell) for food like they would naturally due to the food being provided through feeders. This could still technically be classed as free range, but clearly it is nothing like what their ad claims to have their chooks come from.
The only way we are ever going to get a clear definition of 'free range' in Australia is for the Federal government to create laws and/or guidelines for the definition of 'free range'. That way this kind of confusion and false advertisement can be avoided. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon  sad
ReplyQuote

19 30 Mar 2012
Torx said:
4_da_animals1 said:
Torx said:
The only way we are ever going to get a clear definition of 'free range' in Australia is for the Federal government to create laws and/or guidelines for the definition of 'free range'. That way this kind of confusion and false advertisement can be avoided. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon  sad
We also need the government to ban all the steroids and growth hormones they give the chooks. Don't understand at all how animal cruelty can be such a big issue but they are willing to let these chickens die painfully and live their lives in such conditions.
How is them getting their skin burnt off from the chemicals on the floor, any different from a dog being burnt alive.
Neither one deserves it and both die painfully for nothing.
ReplyQuote

Jacqui T Jacqui T NSW Posts: 796
20 1 Apr 2012
I bet if they really took some staff to the chicken farm, saw how they were treated and were then given cooked up chicken whilst taking care of the alive, most of them would turn vegetarian.
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au