Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

FUR is back!?

unable to comprahend.

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Rosanna Rosanna SA Posts: 14
1 16 Mar 2012
Has anyone noticed the sudden influx of fur EVERYWHERE? what happened to when it was somewhat frowned upon?
I find it amusing the amount of hipster and fashionable kids who say they love animals such as deer and foxes, then spend their money on fashionable real fur coats made out of them. The shopping district is lined with real fur at the moment. It's disgusting. whyyy D:
ReplyQuote

Mel17 Mel17 SA Posts: 98
2 16 Mar 2012
This honestly makes me sick!  I just don't get it.  It has been frowned upon for years now in Australia but somehow it's back.  Clearly there will be an uproar over this.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
3 17 Mar 2012
Yep I went shopping today and all the women's fashion stores were filled with fur for winter.
The only positive is that a lot of stores were using faux fur, and even Dotti had a little message on the front of their store about only using faux fur.
But unfortunately even faux for can be mislabelled and actually contain real fur sad
ReplyQuote

Kacey Michelle Kacey Michelle NSW Posts: 92
4 19 Mar 2012
People just aren't confronted of the harsh realities of what they're buying: ignorance. It's sad.
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 342
5 19 Mar 2012
i've noticed it too sad maybe it's time to get some fliers and inform people in shopping centres/malls...
ReplyQuote

SaRa_aRaS SaRa_aRaS QLD Posts: 54
6 21 Mar 2012
I was talking to my sister about it yesterday at the shops. It's everywhere confused and she said that most of it is faux fur but I said that it is making people think fur looks good and that wearing it is okay, when it really isn't. If fur is coming back in fashion, the fur industries will go up in business and before we know it they will be selling our animal friends on coat hangers everywhere. If it becomes too popular this winter, I plan on making a t-shirt with an image of what the animal looks like after being skinned alive. I know people think faux fur is okay but I think even that is ugly. I saw real fur too yesterday and to be honest I had forgotten that it is legal to sell it here. I wish it was illegal because it made me feel sick.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 327
7 21 Mar 2012
Looks likes it's time for stickers, fliers and facebook videos. A lot of people think that fur farms treat the animals well now and are just uneducated about it. Still, I don't get why one would want to wear such tacky clothes. Wearing something dead is just creepy
ReplyQuote