Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Anyone know any australian organisation towards environmental protection?

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Lalalalalalalalalalalalala... Lalalalalalalalalalalalala... QLD Posts: 14
1 18 Oct 2009
hey,
Do any of you guys know any australian organisations of environmental protection?

Possibly some links to websites?

Thanks  cool
ReplyQuote

advoc8 advoc8 SA Posts: 179
2 18 Oct 2009
Friends of the Earth are an excellent grass roots organisation and have many local chapters, almost a group in each state. There are three in Queensland ... one in Brisbane, one mid coast and northern coast.

http://www.foe.org.au/

BTW, welcome to the forum!
wave
ReplyQuote

3 18 Oct 2009
advoc8 said:
Friends of the Earth are an excellent grass roots organisation and have many local chapters, almost a group in each state. There are three in Queensland ... one in Brisbane, one mid coast and northern coast.

http://www.foe.org.au/

BTW, welcome to the forum!
wave
Lol,
thanks
I'm guess im just gonna ask alot of questions and opinions of people on the environment.
ReplyQuote

advoc8 advoc8 SA Posts: 179
4 18 Oct 2009
We're all here because we care very much about the mistreatment of animals. Particularly the ones people seem to overlook.

However, there are huge environmental issues with the number of animals on the planet which are raised for humans to use (to eat).

Why not read this report 'Livestocks Long Shadow' by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations. It's a good place to start and will make it easier in asking questions. People will be more inclined to answer when they appreciate you've done a little research

Report here ...

http://www.fao.org/docrep/010/a0701e/a0701e00.HTM

I suggest you at least read the executive summary.

happy beaverhug
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
5 18 Oct 2009
Friends of the Earth, Australian conservation society, and I suppose Animals Australia in it's own way. If you want to help the environment, going vegetarian or vegan is one of the best things you can do.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
6 18 Oct 2009
Kirrilly said:
Friends of the Earth, Australian conservation society, and I suppose Animals Australia in it's own way. If you want to help the environment, going vegetarian or vegan is one of the best things you can do.
yeh, a vegan will save more energy than a 4-minute showering, bicycle-only riding meat eater.

pretay interesting.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
7 18 Oct 2009
Matt.Y said:
Kirrilly said:
yeh, a vegan will save more energy than a 4-minute showering, bicycle-only riding meat eater.

pretay interesting.
ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
8 18 Oct 2009
i used to do work for wilderness society. there rely good.
ReplyQuote

Natty Natty NSW Posts: 80
9 19 Oct 2009
Cool Australia.  www.coolaustralia.org

ecstatic
ReplyQuote

10 19 Oct 2009
Lol..
Anyone know about the protection of koalas? :S
Saving of the forest?
Things like that?