Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Honey? Yes or no?

What are your thoughts?

1 - 10 of 37 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

AshleyJane AshleyJane QLD Posts: 17
1 29 Mar 2012
here i am again - the newly vegan.
I personally wont eat honey but i was sort of curious to see how many Vegans did.
Do you eat honey or wont? Why?
ReplyQuote

EmmaPaige EmmaPaige VIC Posts: 14
2 29 Mar 2012
Hi Newly Vegan!!

I'm kind of newly vegan - 4 months and counting!! Firstly, congratulations on your decision to become a vegan. It's certainly the best thing I've ever done!

In regards to honey, I don't have it. Although there aren't the issues attached to it that meat, eggs or dairy do (Large Animal welfare issues - as far as I know) - I agree with the philosophy that animals are not ours to eat, wear etc... and Maple syrup is good for you and oh so tasty.

Try a salad dressing with Maple Syrup, Mustard, Vinegar and Olive Oil - AMAZING!!

xx  bee
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
3 29 Mar 2012
I steer clear of honey, but if I eat something and later find out it contained honey I won't jump off a bridge. It grosses me out though...
ReplyQuote

AshleyJane AshleyJane QLD Posts: 17
4 29 Mar 2012
I'll definately give that a go! thank you so much c: x
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
5 29 Mar 2012
Definitely not! That's a babies food and I'm no thief. Nor do I want baby animals or any animals for that matter to eat a man made unequally good food just so that I can eat the food their family made for them. Plus it's not even that nice.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
6 29 Mar 2012
Im not fussed about it. I won't buy things with honey for myself, but if hungry will eat food with honey in it (if a friend was eating something with honey and offered).
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
8 29 Mar 2012
I transitioned into veganism. I started with dairy and debated with myself about eggs and honey (I have rescued hens and honey from local farms). One day I decided I would give up eggs and then I researched exactly where and how honey is made and that kind of put me off... My diet is now totally animal free and I feel all the better for it. Honey is soo easy to replace anyway.
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
9 29 Mar 2012
Vegan Era have a great article on the subject: http://www.veganera.com/AVeganLifeD11-04.htm
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
10 29 Mar 2012
Hiiiii lovely and welcome!!!! happy. No honey here, I imagine How I'd feel if they did the things to me they do to bees, not even sure I'd survive it! Lots of them don't though sad  but surviving it could be worse than being killed. Plus isnt honey a bees regurgitated food?? No thanks!  I wasn't very impressed to find out how they do research on bees either...wtf!!? Anyway agave syrup is my new best friend!!! And def my honey replacement!! And it's great for you! Check it out, I use it instead of sugar too when I can. Enjoy and all the best happy xoxo
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au