Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Allowed to leaflet on trains?

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Lea Lea WA Posts: 82
1 19 Oct 2009
Seeing as I take the train sometimes i was wondering whether you're allowed to leaflet there...coz otherwise i sit around. SO i could actually be doing something instead of siiting. Anyone know??
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
2 19 Oct 2009
I think railway stations are owned by the government -- which I think means you can.

But my advice is not to ask if it is ok or not ok wherever you are. Most people don't mind. Also, I've been asked to move on a few times, but, I just tell the council people "call the police"..... they really cbf doing anything about it normally lol. So yeh, just go and leaflet, the worst is someone will ask you to move on -- you can't be fined or arrested without being told what you're doing is illegal.
ReplyQuote

Lea Lea WA Posts: 82
3 19 Oct 2009
Thanks Matt.Y! I shall do this tomorrow on the way to Freo happy
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
4 19 Oct 2009
Awesome! Good luck out there! It's a really, really good feeling having someone read the leaflet and take it in.

Have a read of this before you go, some good info.

http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/act-leaf.html

Just be polite when you go round and you should have no probs at all!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 20 Oct 2009
Lea said:
Seeing as I take the train sometimes i was wondering whether you're allowed to leaflet there...coz otherwise i sit around. SO i could actually be doing something instead of siiting. Anyone know??
I've seen people leave pamphlets/flyers on the seats for the next person to pick up when they sit down.
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
6 22 Oct 2009
people litter trains with religious leaflets and booklets.
so i say go ahead!
ReplyQuote

-- -- NSW Posts: 83
7 23 Aug 2012
I use to take my rat with me on trains and do it and never got in trouble... so go for it hun x
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au