Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cruises

How vegan friendly are they?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
1 3 Apr 2012
Thinking of going on a cruise in south pacific.

Has Anyone travelled as a vegan or know of anyone that did, and their experiences? I know most cruises have vegetarian food but wondering how vegan friendly they are?
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
2 3 Apr 2012
they are accounting for the same people in society... so it depends too much on knowing first "how vegan friendly is society", because this is what they're catering for.

Just go and have some fun ^^

But I mean if you really wanted to know, someone has to do a study of the type of people,
that go on cruises and whether they are generically voracious animal consumers.

if you found out that in comparison to a city, the majority of people on a cruise,
love animal for food.... then you'd not want to go by kitchen when they load up >_<
but by not going.. lol you'd not be helping Vegans very much,
because if you do go, the next person that asks, would get a better answer tongue

maybe look over the planned activities and they will give you the best idea

or plan an eco trip? where you sign up to help out at some sanctuaries,
or assist a voluntary organization casually while you stay somewhere?
would be the best way to making a vacation vegan friendly

like Indonesia or Malaysian rehabilitation centers or keep an eye out on green peace site,
or look up activist holidays or something ^^

I'm sure there are eco-holidays in this day and age.

if the cruise ship parks on the great barrier reef and dumps its ballast,
it probably wouldn't be very Vegan friendly,
or spills oil into some breeding zone for sea horses :<
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
3 3 Apr 2012
I was looking into doing a Kimberly Cruise, I asked the travel agent this very same thing, he told me they should be very accomodating, especially if you are paying quite a lot for one.

I would still go so long as you make very clear what a vegan cannot eat and perhaps give them some suggestions as to what we do eat so they dont just give you a salad every day!
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
4 4 Apr 2012
Yea, I think there is a lot of money in that business and they would be really accommodating. Just contact them beforehand and specify what dietary requirements you need.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 5 Apr 2012
A lot of cruises have all day buffets don't they? I'm sure there would be plenty of options, but you may get sick of eating the same thing.
And as someone else said - if you are paying a lot of money for this said cruise they would want to ask how high when you tell them to jump!!

BTW - lah di dah tongue can I assume you're going off with your lover? wink
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au