Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Ex-Battery Hens

Looking to adopt from Sydney-NSW

1 - 3 of 3 posts

mle mle NSW Posts: 8
1 4 Apr 2012
My father is interested in getting some hens for our backyard and I'm trying to find somewhere to adopt ex-battery hens from somewhere in NSW.  I already know of http://homesforhens.net/index.html in QLD and there's one in Melbourne, but I can't seem to find a place to get them from in NSW and hopefully close-ish to Western Sydney where we live.

Also does anyone have any advice on keeping the hens themselves? My dad was planning to secure the whole yard and let them roam free and let them roost at night in the garage, but we also have two cats and there are many many cats that live on our street, so is it better to fence a small area of the yard off and not get as many?

Any help is greatly appreciated
~Emily
ReplyQuote

Fish Lover Fish Lover VIC Posts: 16
2 4 Apr 2012
Ex battery hens are a fantastic idea! I actually think "Homes For Hens" is just based in Brisbane but caters throughout NSW aswell.  The "Homes For Hens" website also provides some basic information on caring for them but you could always just Google search it  happy
ReplyQuote

mle mle NSW Posts: 8
3 6 Apr 2012
Fish Lover said:
Ex battery hens are a fantastic idea! I actually think "Homes For Hens" is just based in Brisbane but caters throughout NSW aswell.  The "Homes For Hens" website also provides some basic information on caring for them but you could always just Google search it  happy
Awesome, thank you so much I will definitely check them out
ReplyQuote

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).