Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Help (._.") Defending my Choice

Help (._.") The stubborn omnivores keep coming wave after wave...

1 - 3 of 3 posts

Empathy Empathy United States Posts: 18
1 21 Apr 2012
Well, I signed up for this website to seek advice and meet people with my own point of view. I'm sure many other vegans have crossed these inevitable discussions defending your choice, in my experience, omnivores frequently ask/tell me: "Your so extreme", "It's just an ANIMAL.", "What do you eat?" (with a dumbfounded face...), "God gave us the animals to eat, what does it matter if we kill them?" "See this? *points to arm* It's called muscle. You NEED MEAT."  and for the most stubborn I might get called a retard or some hippie.

I also don't understand why I constantly have to defend myself when omnivores don't. I have a lot of omnivore friends that respect my choices and some even became vegan/vegetarian with me and I was glad I didn't make the switch alone.

I don't push anyone to change because I respect they're choice but sometimes I get really pushed to the edge when a stubborn omni "attacks" me. I would really appreciate some tips on my situation, but most of all, I would rather avoid these types of people where an explanation is just a lost cause. beaverhug
ReplyQuote

2 21 Apr 2012
Empathy said:
Well, I signed up for this website to seek advice and meet people with my own point of view. I'm sure many other vegans have crossed these inevitable discussions defending your choice, in my experience, omnivores frequently ask/tell me: "Your so extreme", "It's just an ANIMAL.", "What do you eat?" (with a dumbfounded face...), "God gave us the animals to eat, what does it matter if we kill them?" "See this? *points to arm* It's called muscle. You NEED MEAT." ETC. And for the most stubborn I might get called a retard or some hippie.

I also don't understand why I constantly have to defend myself when omnivores don't. I have a lot of omnivore friends that respect my choices and some even became vegan/vegetarian with me and I was glad I didn't make the switch alone.

I don't push anyone to change because I respect they're choice but sometimes I get really pushed to the edge when a stubborn omni "attacks" me. I would really appreciate some tips on my situation, but most of all, I would rather avoid these types of people where an explanation is just a lost cause. beaverhug
ReplyQuote

3 21 Apr 2012
Double posted... sorry still learning how to use this (._.")
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au