Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Handbags, Wallets etc

Is a local maker viable?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
1 23 Apr 2012
Hey

My friends, friend has a handbags line and I asked if she has thought about doing a vegan line. She replied that she has had a few people ask that and was wondering if it would be something people would buy. Whether there is a demand? Her stuff is colourful, stylish and practical. I for one find it hard to get pretty, colourful handbags etc in Melb. You can only really buy them online from the U.S.
So I ask you unleashers, if there was a locally made range of handbags, wallets etc would you purchase them? She has a shop and an online store.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
2 23 Apr 2012
I would totally be in on that! Would need to be durable and affordable also though. laugh
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 23 Apr 2012
I tend to find it easy when it comes to handbags and wallets? Most of the less expensive bags in Stranbags like the 'Bluebird' brand are made with synthetic materials and they last a good while so I'm happy with them.
ReplyQuote

Mel17 Mel17 SA Posts: 98
4 23 Apr 2012
I'm all for it! Love love love handbags happy
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
5 23 Apr 2012
Does she have a website so we could see some designs? How affordable does she plan to make them?
ReplyQuote

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
6 24 Apr 2012
I have such a cute Bluebird wallet with hearts on it happy
ReplyQuote

Brettski Brettski VIC Posts: 53
7 24 Apr 2012
*Steph* said:
I would totally be in on that! Would need to be durable and affordable also though. laugh
I agree, otherwise I would buy online from overseas. I would be interested in men's wallets. All the synthetic leather wallets I've found are either too cheapy or way too expensive.
ReplyQuote

Andrewxxx Andrewxxx VIC Posts: 272
8 24 Apr 2012
Vegan Wares make wallets already so I guess a local manufacturer is somewhat viable.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
9 26 Apr 2012
Depends on the affordibility
ReplyQuote

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
10 10 May 2012
It's just an idea at the moment so I'm not sure what the prices would be. Is Bluebird ethical and locally made? I hate buying brand new stuff that is made in China etc as I don't like the environmental impact or sweatshops.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au