Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Hey, I'm new and working on an env. studies project about factory farms

Hoping to interview residents who live near the farms, or farm workers

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

EileenB EileenB VIC Posts: 3
1 25 Apr 2012
Hello!
I'm an environmental studies student doing a project on how factory farms have affected environmental, human and animal well-being. I was hoping to interview residents in Australia who have lived near the farms and how they felt their well-being was impacted by their location. I'd also be really interested in interviewing ex or current factory farm workers to talk about working conditions and safety risks.
If you or someone else you know has been affected by their proximity to, or employment in, the farms and would be willing to participate in an interview (anonymous interviews are totally okay!) please let me know.
Thanks so much,
Eileen
P.S I apologize for the lack of a picture, I can't seem to find one under 1MB.
ReplyQuote

Empathy Empathy United States Posts: 18
2 26 Apr 2012
I used to but I was very young and I cant remember much, but Id love it if you posted your finished work on-line :e
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
3 26 Apr 2012
Contact your local mp in charge of agriculture etc. I've scored an interview with the principal advisor of animal welfare in South Australia by contacting Gail who is in charge of the department of agriculture and fisheries for my research project. Give it a shot, you might get lucky. Keep in mind to be really respectful and try not to let them know of your opinion til after the interview has been conducted. peace
ReplyQuote

4 26 Apr 2012
That's a good idea, I'll definitely give it a try! Yeah, when I speak to people I'm trying to approach the situation more from an environmental perspective, and not so much an animal rights one. happy
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
5 26 Apr 2012
EileenB said:
P.S I apologize for the lack of a picture, I can't seem to find one under 1MB.
Sorry to go off topic, but if you open a photo in the Paint program (assuming you are using a Windows computer) then choose Resize (in the Image tab) and just make the image smaller until it's under 1MB. happy

On topic, you will actually find a couple of ex-factory farm workers on here, I believe Glen is one of them? http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/profile.php?293845
[sorry if I'm wrong Glen, I swear it was you. haha]
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
6 29 Apr 2012
Tis me! I'd love to help.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
7 29 Apr 2012
just video one, you don't really have to say much
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
8 30 Apr 2012
Definitely talk to Glen for this one. We did an interview for my website a while back that you should take a look at too:

http://www.vegantasmania.com/2011/12/interview-with-ex-factory-farm-worker.html

ecstatic Good luck. Sounds like a great assignment.
ReplyQuote

9 1 May 2012
This looks great! Thanks so much!
ReplyQuote

Sez Cat Sez Cat VIC Posts: 27
10 21 Feb 2013
You could talk to Pam at Edgar's Mission. This is a sanctuary for rescued farm animals in willomaven, near Kilmore Vic. She could talk to u about the state animals are in when rescued and behavioural issues/rehabilitation among other things such as living in a rural area.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au