Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Tissues?

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Christina3 Christina3 NSW Posts: 128
1 25 Apr 2012
The only tissues I have in my house are Kleenex, which are tested on animals (bought by my parents). Do you know of any vegan tissue brands that I can use?
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 25 Apr 2012
Stupid Question but is Klennex owned by a another company that test on animals or do they make other products that they test on animals?  ashamed2
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
3 25 Apr 2012
use a hanky! better for us, trees, transport, emission etc
ReplyQuote

4 25 Apr 2012
I don't think it's owned by another company. I think that the chemicals they test on animals are probably used in a lot of their products :/ Besides, you don't really want to support a company that tests on animals anyway, regardless of whether the specific product has been tested. You sound like you're just hearing this? There are alternatives for Kleenex products like for toilet paper you can use Sorbent which is pretty much the same but not known to test on animals, but I haven't found an alternative for tissues yet.
ReplyQuote

5 25 Apr 2012
Lars said:
use a hanky! better for us, trees, transport, emission etc
Good idea! My dad loves those things  laugh

However I'd still prefer tissues if anyone knows of vegan ones, because during winter I always get REALLY sick, so I'd probably go through a lot of hankies. If not I'll have to just use a hanky.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
6 25 Apr 2012
You could say that wink .. Honestly i havent really searched companys that test on animals and i guess its never really crossed my mind either, although i should of searched but i never get time. :/ .

I dont know why but i find using a hanky kinda gross tongue
ReplyQuote

7 25 Apr 2012
OinkMoo said:
I dont know why but i find using a hanky kinda gross tongue
Same!
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
8 26 Apr 2012
Wow I so didnt know this crazy stuff!!! We buy that safe Environmentally toilet paper in the brown paper bag (I hope u know what I'm talking about lol it's too cold to go check the packaging ) and just use that instead of tissues, I even keep it up my sleeve , people don't notice anyway happy and just laugh if they do notice. I'm pretty sure it's vegan and a good company ... ?? Xx
ReplyQuote

Brettski Brettski VIC Posts: 53
9 26 Apr 2012
What about the Coles and Woolies home brands?
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
10 26 Apr 2012
Have a look for environmentally friendly brands that don't use palm oil. I know there are plenty of toilet roll brands out there so surely there would be tissue brands! Companies who are ethical about palm oil have more chance of not testing on animals. peace
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au