Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I'm A "Stupid", "Taking it too far" Vegan?

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Empathy Empathy United States Posts: 18
1 26 Apr 2012
Anyone else get called this excessively (By select omnis?) In my POV they under-do it.
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
2 26 Apr 2012
I get it all the time! It's so frustrating. Like, I try not to take the stance of moral high ground over the omnis that I know but sometimes it's so hard because they are so ignorant and unsympathetic. The other day I went out to dinner with my family and two of my older brothers thought it would be fun to criticize me regarding my veganism, which resulted in one refering to vegans (read: me) as scum because of our beliefs? it's like.. lol really it's the other way around but I know I wouldn't like it if someone tried to shove their omni beliefs down my throat so i don't do it the other way around. If that makes sense.
Long story short, I think it's a common occurrence but it really only pervades their ignorance and lack of compassion, not 'stupidity' on your part. IMO, anyway happy
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
3 27 Apr 2012
simple, just ask those people where is far enough?
not knowing what you eat and what constitutes the products you use,
and those items once you start to investigate for yourself,
contradict and come up against your own belief system is too far?
So then living in naivety is obviously perfect for these people to cope with ^_^.

so just ask them, where is the line... and you soon find... not having a line,
is just how they like it... no consciousness no conscience

(these people~ said by me isn't pointing to 'omnis'.. if you don't know now you know)
ReplyQuote

Katielovesvegies Katielovesvegies QLD Posts: 5
4 30 Apr 2012
No. Definitely not. I'm a vegatarian and greatly respect anyone who is a vegan because of the difficulty in our meat obsessed culture (I hate going to BBQ's). I get called a freak and stupid and am constantly told I'm being too sensitive about eating animals. There's a lot of nastiness out there and a lot of people who find out I'm a vegetarian will openly mock me about it.

I wish I could become a vegan, for health reasons my doctor strongly recommends against it and I have several health issues that make it dangerous for me.

Keep strong and know that you are doing it for so many good reasons.

The only arguments I have ever heard from omni's is that 1) it tastes good (which is purely subjective) and 2) we were meant to (well I choose not to).
ReplyQuote

vegiepete vegiepete SA Posts: 147
5 30 Apr 2012
i agree   since i became a vego i have many people make fun of it, all i have said to them is that u should respect my choice, i did make this change because a very close friend asked me to and i respected her thoughts to do so,but after finding more information about the way these creatures are dealt with i became more intent on spreading the reason we should all turn away from meat...i dont dicourge people from doing it , i still believe everyone should make their own minds up, but now i just put my reasons and hope they can respect that and maybe take notice of the reason behind my thoughts, u cant push ur stance but you can make a positive arguement for it..be proud of what u do and how u think and how ulive ur life
ReplyQuote

vegiepete vegiepete SA Posts: 147
7 1 May 2012
i wouldnt worry about it everyone is different...just being a vegan is making people aware of ur beliefs against animals....i believe if u hassle people to much then they become less tolerant about the message ur trying to put across, just be urself and enjoying what u believe to be right
ReplyQuote

Rowan011 Rowan011 WA Posts: 92
8 2 May 2012
Katielovesvegies said:
No. Definitely not. I'm a vegatarian and greatly respect anyone who is a vegan because of the difficulty in our meat obsessed culture (I hate going to BBQ's). I get called a freak and stupid and am constantly told I'm being too sensitive about eating animals. There's a lot of nastiness out there and a lot of people who find out I'm a vegetarian will openly mock me about it.

I wish I could become a vegan, for health reasons my doctor strongly recommends against it and I have several health issues that make it dangerous for me.

Keep strong and know that you are doing it for so many good reasons.

The only arguments I have ever heard from omni's is that 1) it tastes good (which is purely subjective) and 2) we were meant to (well I choose not to).
Im curious as to what vegetarian foods but not Vegan are so vital for your health? Really the main ones being cheese and milk. Which have no health benefits compared to Vegan alternatives.....
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au