Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

ballarat groups

1 - 10 of 10 posts

Celia Kate Celia Kate VIC Posts: 22
1 2 May 2012
i was just wondering if anyone here lives in or near ballarat and is in or knowns of a group for vegeterians or an ethics or animal rights group
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
2 2 May 2012
I live nearish to Ballarat but don't know of any. If you come across one though I will jump for joy and join straight away laugh. I am desperate for like minded friends!! Haha! Glen lives in Ballarat so might know of some? Ooh we should all have dinner at Chat for Tea one day laugh
ReplyQuote

3 10 May 2012
that would be nice thanks
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
4 10 May 2012
Ballarat, I do indeed live in... groups for vego people? Hah... this is the land of steakhouses, fish and ship shops, Chinese joints and pizza. No such luck my friends.

Chat for Tea does rule though, and we've discovered a few vegan items on various take-away joint menus:

- The new take-away joint on the corner of Sturt and Ripon streets (formerly The Seafood King) has these INSANE felafel souvlakis. Get them to hold the tzatziki and slather on the hommus. Yum.

- The vegie curries, vegie samosas and spring rolls from Masala Valley contain no death, nor associated products. Same applies to the various bhaji and pakora on their menu.

- The Forge Pizzeria makes the best pizza in town. Highly recommend you folk get the pumpkin, basil and pine nut creation, hold the cheese. The garlic pizza is amazing too, and omnis won't complain about you modifying it because it doesn't contain animal products as standard.

- if you get the flat white noodles from Noodle Box, with the hot sauce (and others I believe, we just like hot stuff), and load it up with tofu and vegies, you've got a box of vegan goodness for a princely ~$13 a head (regular box). More than enough to fill you up, and mighty tasty.

I'm sure there's more... but I can't think of anything else right now.
ReplyQuote

5 24 May 2012
Glen said:
Ballarat, I do indeed live in... groups for vego people? Hah... this is the land of steakhouses, fish and ship shops, Chinese joints and pizza. No such luck my friends.

Chat for Tea does rule though, and we've discovered a few vegan items on various take-away joint menus:

- The new take-away joint on the corner of Sturt and Ripon streets (formerly The Seafood King) has these INSANE felafel souvlakis. Get them to hold the tzatziki and slather on the hommus. Yum.

- The vegie curries, vegie samosas and spring rolls from Masala Valley contain no death, nor associated products. Same applies to the various bhaji and pakora on their menu.

- The Forge Pizzeria makes the best pizza in town. Highly recommend you folk get the pumpkin, basil and pine nut creation, hold the cheese. The garlic pizza is amazing too, and omnis won't complain about you modifying it because it doesn't contain animal products as standard.

- if you get the flat white noodles from Noodle Box, with the hot sauce (and others I believe, we just like hot stuff), and load it up with tofu and vegies, you've got a box of vegan goodness for a princely ~$13 a head (regular box). More than enough to fill you up, and mighty tasty.

I'm sure there's more... but I can't think of anything else right now.
The Lake View has a dedicated vegan menu!! FTW!!
ReplyQuote

6 26 May 2012
Just went to Masala Valley and the woman who took my order said nothing was vegan when I asked if a particular dish was..!! No thanks!!
ReplyQuote

7 26 May 2012
Interesting. Some of the veg curries are - did you specifically ask if they were vegan or did you request the ingredients? Maybe they dunno what vegan means...
ReplyQuote

8 26 May 2012
Glen said:
Interesting. Some of the veg curries are - did you specifically ask if they were vegan or did you request the ingredients? Maybe they dunno what vegan means...
Yeah don't think she fully understood but she asked the chef then came back and said nothing was. I asked specifically about the vegetables in gravy in the veg section. Ended up at Noodle box, that always satisfies laugh
ReplyQuote

9 27 May 2012
I interrogated a bloke at the Wendouree Masala Valley and found that the vegie vindaloo is free of any animal products... just vegies, spices, a butt-load of chilli and some rice.
ReplyQuote

10 3 Aug 2012
so wat is a vegeterian tea garden anyway
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au