Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

NEUW Jeans hosts worst party ever...

Tell NEUW: animal cruelty doesn't sell jeans!

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
1 6 May 2012
Unleashed Admin
Well our latest blog has caused a bit of a stir! Clothing co 'NEUW Jeans' seems to be in damage control after we pointed out that stressed out baby piglets, gruesome severed pigs heads, loud music, and partygoers don't mix:
www.unleashed.org.au/blog/2012-05/Way-to-kill-a-party

The jeans co have removed some of the most gory party pics from facebook and have reportedly deleted comments from people who are shocked at their choice of party decor. This is a good sign, but we need to ensure that they CLEARLY hear the message that glorifying violence to animals doesn't sell jeans!

I love jeans. But this stunt makes me want to wear anything but.

Please leave them a message on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.387533701289159.89501.105956342780231&type=1 Or contact their office: http://neuwdenim.com/contact/

Please ask them to be kind to animals by pledging never agan to use frightened (or dead) animals to promote their jeans!

Thanks on behalf of the pigs!  pig megaphone
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
2 6 May 2012
with so many people letting them know how disgusted they were they removed everyones posts on their page and removed being able to post on their wall, they also had this to say:

"We appreciate your interest. The artistic and risque approach we took to this denim campaign certainly questions the issues of disposable fashion and the approach to fast bred, fast consumed, fast food. With a third of our team being vegetarian (and us all being animal lovers) we knew illustrating this relationship would create conversation. For the record, the Sharp story is all about treating and preserving your jeans as you do with precious meat. Quality cuts of denim to be kept FREEZER FRESH like quality cuts of meat."

sounds like bullsheet, just trying to justify it in light of the backlash
ReplyQuote

Jade Simpson Jade Simpson QLD Posts: 13
3 6 May 2012
I posted a comment on their wall and told them how I would be boycotting their brand just today.
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
4 6 May 2012
They just compared jeans....to animals.... scared
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 7 May 2012
The things companies will do to get a few look ins these days is really starting to amaze me. Really... pig heads? You do know you can get streamers for $2 right? Ick!
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
6 8 May 2012
That's beyond screwed up.
ReplyQuote

Arkadia Arkadia SA Posts: 11
7 24 May 2012
What.the.f**k.

Their 'clarification' just made them sound even worse! Treat your jeans like you treat 'precious meat'? Whatthef**k? So confused. I highly doubt a third of their team are genuinely vegetarian if that party idea got okayed. "I don't eat red meat before lunchtime on Wednesdays" does not count as vegetarian.
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
8 24 May 2012
Arkadia said:
I highly doubt a third of their team are genuinely vegetarian if that party idea got okayed. "I don't eat red meat before lunchtime on Wednesdays" does not count as vegetarian.
funny Ssssssnap!!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au