Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

RSPCA 2012 Million Paws Walk

Who's going?!

1 - 7 of 7 posts

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
1 15 May 2012
Just curious to hear who is going to the Million Paws Walk in their area this Sunday? Who will you be walking?

I'm going to the Hobart one. I'll be walking my beautiful red and tan Kelpie who will probably be wearing both a Million Paws Walk bandana and an Oscar's Law bandana, so if any Tasmanians from Unleashed happen to be there, come and say hi!
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 16 May 2012
Im not going simply becouse my local RSPCA are hiring the racecourse and the money used to hire the course will be going straight back into Horse Racing and Greyhound Racing.

That same day the local no-kill rescue and the ferret welfare and local rescue will be running a fundraising day together, so im going to support them and possibly going to adopt a little ferret friend for my baby Murphy  ( if he gets along with any ) happy

Also i dont like the RSPCA on a number of reasons so i dont want to support them.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 16 May 2012
OinkMoo said:
Im not going simply becouse my local RSPCA are hiring the racecourse and the money used to hire the course will be going straight back into Horse Racing and Greyhound Racing.

That same day the local no-kill rescue and the ferret welfare and local rescue will be running a fundraising day together, so im going to support them and possibly going to adopt a little ferret friend for my baby Murphy  ( if he gets along with any ) happy

Also i dont like the RSPCA on a number of reasons so i dont want to support them.
Really? Why would the RSPCA hire a race course?! That's ridiculous. Ours is at the Hobart Show Grounds. I don't like the RSPCA much either, but it's a great opportunity to promote Oscar's Law. People always ask me what Oscar's Law is when they see Rupert wearing his bandana. And I know my dog will love it, he loves walks and other dogs. So it's partly just for him, too!

Good luck finding Murphy a friend! happy
ReplyQuote

Emma25 Emma25 VIC Posts: 24
4 16 May 2012
Hi Maggie!

I am going on Sunday to the Albert Park (Melbourne) one. I'm taking my 8 month old Miniature Dachshund, Arthur! We are part of the 'I Love Dachshunds Melbourne Playgroup' fundraising team.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
5 16 May 2012
I might take my dogs there, but not actually walk and get amongst the crowd. One of my dogs doesnt like other dogs, he is getting better and it would be a good oppurtunity to train, but he still really shouldn't be that close to that many dogs yet.
ReplyQuote

Kacey Michelle Kacey Michelle NSW Posts: 92
6 18 May 2012
I'm going to the Homebush Bay walk in Sydney, NSW. I am going with my mum, my dad and my two little brothers. We are talking my dog, who lives with my mum and I, and my dad is bringing his puppy! It's going to be a blast.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
7 18 May 2012
Maggie said:
OinkMoo said:

Really? Why would the RSPCA hire a race course?! That's ridiculous. Ours is at the Hobart Show Grounds. I don't like the RSPCA much either, but it's a great opportunity to promote Oscar's Law. People always ask me what Oscar's Law is when they see Rupert wearing his bandana. And I know my dog will love it, he loves walks and other dogs. So it's partly just for him, too!

Good luck finding Murphy a friend! happy
Its Crazy becouse we have a showground, off the leash park - which is massive - and a dog beach that goes for miles, and at the end of the beach is a beautiful rainforest walk that many people walk there dogs along. I dont know why they chose the racecourse but all i know is i wont support them.

Thats true, it would be a great time to promote Oscars Law ecstatic  I know Duke would love it, but going and seeing other dogs at the other fundraiser will be fun, even if its only a play yard for dogs to meet other dogs. I got a email recently and there is only 2 ferrets avalible but they dont like other ferrets ~ so Murphy will have to wait another day tongue But i will still take him coz he loves car rides.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au