Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Wearing a fur coat walking a dog

This fur phase is pissing me right off

1 - 10 of 17 posts   1 | 2  

kayne kayne WA Posts: 23
1 26 May 2012
I study fashion so im pretty up to date with what is in and stuff, i am really getting worried/ SO ANGRY!! with this fur vest stuff. I think parading around in some ones skin is absolutly F**KED. Some one please help me i need to talk to some good people!!!

SORRY FOR SWEARING sad

[ADMIN EDIT: Please don't use all caps and watch the language. Thanks for apologising though - you're forgiven wink]
ReplyQuote

Katielovesvegies Katielovesvegies QLD Posts: 5
2 26 May 2012
Blame Rachel Zoe - she wears fur all the time. Oh and the Kardashians - one of them got flour bombed by a PETA member a while back...

It's wrong, especially since we have so many alternatives.
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
3 26 May 2012
Katielovesvegies said:
Oh and the Kardashians - one of them got flour bombed by a PETA member a while back...
Fed up with seeing Kim Kartrashian on the cover of at least two magazines on any given magazine rack... doesn't matter where I am either...
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
4 26 May 2012
Take comfort in the fact that 90% of those "fur" vests will probably be synthetic. So while they are ugly as hell, they aren't doing any real damage. The rich people that choose to put their money toward real fur coats/vests, well they are a separate problem -_-
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
5 26 May 2012
Glen said:
Katielovesvegies said:
Oh and the Kardashians - one of them got flour bombed by a PETA member a while back...
Fed up with seeing Kim Kartrashian on the cover of at least two magazines on any given magazine rack... doesn't matter where I am either...
Kartrashian funny
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
6 27 May 2012
I had a colleague say to me, oh i wonder if my jacket has real fur on it.  (knowing that I was a vegan)
I said check the label, that will tell you.
She checks and says "oh yeah 100% rabbit fur, no wonder it's so warm" and continues laughing.
So pissed, I just said "well don't come near me then" and walked off.
ReplyQuote

Rabidewok Rabidewok SA Posts: 23
7 28 May 2012
Kirrilly said:
Take comfort in the fact that 90% of those "fur" vests will probably be synthetic. So while they are ugly as hell, they aren't doing any real damage. The rich people that choose to put their money toward real fur coats/vests, well they are a separate problem -_-
Completely untrue! So many stores are proudly stocking REAL FUR. And these are stores such as General Pants Co, Globalize, Wild Child and numerous other fashion boutiques.
ReplyQuote

kayne kayne WA Posts: 23
8 28 May 2012
wow, it really saddens me when young girls are looking up to these people. They are not even talented there famous for being talentless. she needs more than flour thrown at her!!!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
9 28 May 2012
Rabidewok said:
Kirrilly said:
Completely untrue! So many stores are proudly stocking REAL FUR. And these are stores such as General Pants Co, Globalize, Wild Child and numerous other fashion boutiques.
I know sad Seems like more and more places are bringing in real fur, it's gross. But at least in my area it's more likely they've shopped at a lower price ranged store like valleygirl or cotton on. General Pants and such are still really expensive. (To me anyway :/)
ReplyQuote

SaRa_aRaS SaRa_aRaS QLD Posts: 54
10 28 May 2012
don't be afraid to remind people that the coat they are wearing was once alive until it was anally electrocuted and skinned - most likely while still alive as electrocution doesn't always kill them. That's what I would do if anyone I knew was wearing fur. I don't care how much of a 'crazy vegan' I look like, fur will NEVER be acceptable. EVER!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).