Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Multivitamins

Does anyone have any recommendations?

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
1 31 May 2012
Hello,

I'm interested in starting to take multivitamins, i know its not necessary but i just think i will feel more comfortable with my health and nutrition + i might be going to uni soon and i'm worried i'll have lazy days where i won't cook very nutritional meals.

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for good multivitamins?
I've been researching only and i found one from a brand called deva which seems to be pretty good, especially because it isn't too expensive (~$15 ).
http://www.devanutrition.com/multivitamin.html
ReplyQuote

Mokilok Mokilok VIC Posts: 34
2 31 May 2012
That multivitamin looks good, but I'm curious as to why it has 1666% of your Daily vitamin B12 Intake.
I mean, I know B12 is responsible for brain development but I don't think the extra makes you smarter lol.

Am I missing something?
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
3 31 May 2012
Mokilok said:
That multivitamin looks good, but I'm curious as to why it has 1666% of your Daily vitamin B12 Intake.
I mean, I know B12 is responsible for brain development but I don't think the extra makes you smarter lol.

Am I missing something?
Yeah i was a bit confused as why there was so much. But i saw on some other multivitamins they had much more than 100% too. Could it be that it doesn't absorb easily?
ReplyQuote

weaselbritches weaselbritches WA Posts: 36
4 31 May 2012
I started taking the Deva ones this week, along with the vitamin D3 spray they do.  After about 3 days, I'm feeling healthier.

I assumed the same about absorbancy issues with B12.
ReplyQuote

Ronnie Ronnie QLD Posts: 205
5 31 May 2012
I take these vegan multivitamins - Space Vegetarian multivitamins.  I like that they also contain silica and olive leaf extract.  They say they're vegetarian on the label but are also suitable for vegans.  This is the website I buy mine from http://naturalhealthdirect.com.au/health/vegan-friendly-346/space-vegetarian-multivitamin-60tabs-2640.html
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
6 31 May 2012
I take Centrum complete from A to zinc.. will contact them to see if vegan friendly? it contains calcium pantotheate, phosphorus a calcium and calcium as phosphate, don't quite know where they are sourced from.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
7 31 May 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
I take Centrum complete from A to zinc.. will contact them to see if vegan friendly? it contains calcium pantotheate, phosphorus a calcium and calcium as phosphate, don't quite know where they are sourced from.
just rang.. damn it the new one contains gelatine derived from pork lanolin from sheeps wool and something else. *sigh*
ReplyQuote

Rabidewok Rabidewok SA Posts: 23
8 31 May 2012
Mokilok said:

Am I missing something?
B12 is very hard to be taken in by your body, I believe. Pretty sure they put more in to make sure an adequate amount is absorbed.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
9 31 May 2012
I take Deva. Bought it from http://www.uproar.org.au/uproar-shop/  
Great price and I also got Egg Replacer which I've been searching for, for ages!!
ReplyQuote

Rowan011 Rowan011 WA Posts: 92
10 31 May 2012
I dont any Vitamins what so ever.

I hardly ever get 'sick' I had a cold for about 2 days last week but that was an early winter thing.

I dont feel tired or strange to think I need to take vitamins. It's only those Meat-Eaters who are always tired & trying to lower their bad cholesterol that take 5 pills a day happy HAHA to that.

Im sure it can do no harm. I might buy some any take them anyways. What are your thoughts?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au