Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan blackforest cake?

1 - 4 of 4 posts

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
1 5 Jun 2012
I'm looking for a recipe for black forest cake, that's vegan friendly. It's my grandmother's 70th birthday over the weekend and we're having a family dinner, lol. My mum was going to order one from the patisserie, but I offered to make one.. Catch is, I don't have a recipe, and many that I've come across seem really.. odd. Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes for it? Or at least one that makes sense? :O
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
2 5 Jun 2012
I rarely cook anything off a vegan recipe. I just look for in this instance "black forest cake" and subsitute all the ingredients to make it vegan.
You'll probably find a recipe much easier this way.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
3 6 Jun 2012
This chocolate cake recipe is awesome! http://www.instructables.com/id/The-BEST-chococlate-cake-ever...that-happens-to-be/

Then you could just use soyatoo whipping cream instead of normal cream? Or you could make a mock cream using nuttelex, icing sugar, vanilla and a little milk.
Similar to this: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/21468/butter+cream+icing

And of course the cherries are already vegan wink
ReplyQuote

cassie2 cassie2 VIC Posts: 204
4 6 Jun 2012
i got a recipe from the roots of compassion website.

ingredients:
170 grams plain flour
170 grams of sugar
60 grams cocoa
baking powder
1 tbsp cider vinegar
110 grams veg oil
220 water or soy milk

for the filling
250-300 g cherries
vanilla pudding mix soy milk
2tbsp sugar

toppping
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
60 grams margarine
140ml soy milk
70 grams dark chocolate

mix dry ingredients in a bowl add the wet and stir until mixed
pour into greased tin bake for 35-40  mins 190 degrees

in the meantime do the pudding mix as the package says, when cold add cherries and mix.

cool cake tin, then turn onto a plate slice in half spread with most of cherry pudding filling
place the top layer back on top like a sandwitch.

now for topping. mix corn flour with soy and vanilla bring to boil stirring constanly. cool
beat margarine into mix with a fork or use electric mix then decorate with chocolate.
ReplyQuote

Sign In or Register

What's on your mind? We want to know! Sign in with your Unleashed forum account or register to have your say!

E-Mail:
Password:
  Lost password?
Who Most Liked Contributors
Today's Top Poster Aly Today's most liked:
Aly
July's Top Poster Aly July's most liked: Aly (6 likes)

Blog News