Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan and Cruelty Free Art and Tattoos

Fitting in social constructs and expressing yourself as a vegan

1 - 10 of 28 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Troy Troy WA Posts: 6
1 20 Jun 2012
Many People think that getting a symbol for Vegan, or a cute little bunny, tattooed on them is a good expression of Vegan living. It's good, it's permanent, bold, people will ask questions and it opens the gates for conversation about cruelty free living... But what of the Tattoo itself?

Vegan Tattooing is, unfortunately, a very rare experience. The lack of product knowledge in the tattoo industry is terrible... add the privacy of the brands and you have this seemingly impossible way to know what the Tattoo pigment is made from. Vegan Tattooists have found the way, it's not some mathematical equation, it's endurance - hard study - testing and asking many questions to many suppliers and such.

Tattoos are not only a good way to stand up and scream your beliefs while simply walking past someone on the cycle way or sitting across the room at a cafe but they can also be beautiful works of art. As far as I know I am the ONLY vegan tattooist in Western Australia... which is a shocking percentage. I'm hoping to educate and inspire those who wouldn't think to ask and those who don't know how to make an effort into finding your nearest Vegan Tattoo artists, support them in any way possible and make a goal to get all Tattoos to be Vegan.

For the sceptics, some Vegan inks are among the best in the world, they're just not the cheapest... and the quality is without question.

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
2 20 Jun 2012
Hi Troy, I have a tattooist friend (not veg) and so know not only how un-vegan friendly the inking is but the practice in order to become a tattooist in the first place, practicing on pig skin etc. Pretty revolting.
Good for you being a vegan tattooist, hopefully there will be more of you very soon!
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
3 20 Jun 2012
Troy said:
As far as I know I am the ONLY vegan tattooist in Western Australia...
That's cool, Troy. Are you working in a studio at the moment? Do you have a portfolio on fb or tumblr or somewhere?
ReplyQuote

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
4 22 Jun 2012
yay Troy, i was looking at getting a tatt for my boyfriends birthday and happy to say I found a vegan friendly tatooist in Melbourne.  Hugs x0x0
ReplyQuote

5 19 Oct 2012
west coast tattoo - mandurah, guest spots in pilbara ink - karratha, and all about perth wherever i've got space and time. troy tatouage on facebook,  facebook.com/troy.tattoo

sorry for late replies
ReplyQuote

6 19 Oct 2012
pig skin is not only shocking, but shit at emulating skin, fruit is more likened to skin as it's porous (forgive spelling) and is to a point, more alive, than a dead animal.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
7 23 Oct 2012
Anthony said:
Troy said:
As far as I know I am the ONLY vegan tattooist in Western Australia...
That's cool, Troy. Are you working in a studio at the moment? Do you have a portfolio on fb or tumblr or somewhere?
Marc Pinto Studio is vegan friendly.
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
8 23 Oct 2012
I believe down to earth tattoo studio in VIC is owned by a vegan and uses only vegan inks
I do have a friend that is vegan an a tattooist in SA and he works at venom ink on prospect rd
ReplyQuote

Akasha213 Akasha213 VIC Posts: 227
9 25 Oct 2012
The Body Art Shop in SA is owned by a vegetarian and several of the tattooists are vegans and vegos. Some of the tattooist are not but they're all very knowledgable.
I know I've heard of other shops around SA who use vegan inks too.
ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Laura111 Laura111 VIC Posts: 1
10 3 Nov 2012
That's awesome! Do you have the name of the tattooist in Melbourne? happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au