Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Accidentally ate something with beef stock

At my own work too!

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Haaayyyllleeeyyy Haaayyyllleeeyyy VIC Posts: 41
1 23 Jun 2012
I work with a girlfriend of mine, who (bless her heart) cannot be the brightest at times.

We had a minestrone soup one day and the menu didn't say if it was vegetarian or not. When looking into the pot there was most certainly no meat in there, but I was concerned there was beef stock.

My girlfriend convinced me to take it for lunch and when I was eating it, the whole time I felt there was something wrong. After I had eaten it and come back from my lunch break I broke out in cold sweats, my stomach was turning and I felt like I was going to throw up.

My partner said there must have been beef stock in there and my body had gone in to shock having not eaten so much as a calamari in so long.

I know it wasn't my fault, but I can't help but feel discussed with myself.

How do I get it out of my system? I just feel awful.  cry
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
3 23 Jun 2012
Look- don't beat yourself up about it- everyone can slip up accidentally from time to time!
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
4 25 Jun 2012
instinctrust
ReplyQuote

Niekard Niekard SA Posts: 32
5 25 Jun 2012
You never know if it was even beef stock, meat won't usually effect your system TOO much, and a lot of 'beef' stock in soups are just a collection of spices- not even meat! Recently me and my other vegetarian house mate ate some lollies, forgetting about gelatine completely... afterwards we felt very upset about it but we decided that it was a mistake, we will never buy the stuff again and that we are saving 100's of lives every year with our  vegetarianism. We don't deserve to feel guilty over an accident when we're already trying so hard to do our best.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
7 30 Jul 2012
Lots of water, lots of berries, lots of fruit in general!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au