Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pre-vegan cosmetics?

Not sure if I should continue to use them.

1 - 4 of 4 posts

veg_imp veg_imp VIC Posts: 10
1 26 Jun 2012
I have several bottles of perfume. Chanel, Clinique, Dior, Anna Sui, Shiseido, Serge Lutens. They were expensive and some are mostly full. I bought them before I was vegan, obviously, and I love how they smell and the thought of parting with them makes me sad. I suppose I could sell them on eBay or give them away but I don't reeeeally want to. But I'm becoming less and less comfortable wearing them, I just keep getting images of animals suffering when I wear them, as I'm pretty sure they were animal tested somewhere along the line.

Anyone else found themselves in this position? What did you do?
ReplyQuote

Miss D Miss D SA Posts: 17
2 26 Jun 2012
Hey, I'm in that same boat at the moment with a few bits of makeup, though didn't think about it too much. Lucky they are almost run out, so I'll just use them up & make sure to purchase vegan products in future. If it makes you that uncomfortable, maybe give them away? Selling is an idea, though then technically you would be making profit off suffering too. Anyone you could give them to as a gift?
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
3 26 Jun 2012
i felt bad about putting these things on my face but, sustainability and the environment is really important to me so I decided to use them until they were done in an effort not to be wasteful of non-recyclable items.

It's been almost two years and I'm still trying to use up a foundation and an old deodorant

whichever way you choose, you'll be making the right decision happy
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
4 26 Jun 2012
Hey yeah had same probs with all sorts of things,  I used the perfumes I had until I found vegan ones I liked which took like a year !! Then I gave away whatever I had left. I replaced a lot of moisturisers and face products pretty quick though but have to say I'm still using a blush from over a year and a half ago but not sure if vegan or not. Tried another but not happy with it, would never buy anything again I know isn't vegan but why not use up things or give them away? Same with clothing or anything. On the other hand only do what is comfortable for you coz ure the one you mostly have to answer to happy hehe you'll be fine! Don't stress too much it's awesum that u are who u are anyway!! happy xo
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au