Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan recipes

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

kayface15 kayface15 VIC Posts: 3
1 28 Oct 2009
I used to be a vegan but found it extremely hard to eat out in my town, and also found it hard to find vegan-friendly foods at the supermarkets here so just went back to vegetarian. I've decided to give it another go, though, but first I'm just trying to find a whole heap of vegan recipes. I used to rely on my mum to cook me food but now I'm cooking for myself and so I think I'll go better this time around. If anyone can help me out with some recipes that would be great. But I am pretty picky when it comes to what I eat.
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
2 28 Oct 2009
kayface15 said:
I used to be a vegan but found it extremely hard to eat out in my town, and also found it hard to find vegan-friendly foods at the supermarkets here so just went back to vegetarian. I've decided to give it another go, though, but first I'm just trying to find a whole heap of vegan recipes. I used to rely on my mum to cook me food but now I'm cooking for myself and so I think I'll go better this time around. If anyone can help me out with some recipes that would be great. But I am pretty picky when it comes to what I eat.
It's great you want to give veganism another shot, it really is the best thing you can do for animals and yourself. I found it really hard at first, but once you realise the range of things you can eat it's easy. The site www.vegweb.com has amazing and simple recipes, you can find a recipe for almost anything.

You should also consider entering Animal Liberation Victoria's 30 Day Vegan Easy Challenge which starts this Sunday! They will send you a vegan starter kit along with other literature and some stickers. All you have to do is sign up online at www.veganeasy.org, which gives you a chance at winning $1,000 dollars or other prizes. The Vegan Easy website will soon provide you with great recipes for every one of these 30 days. Hopefully after the month you'll realise how easy it is and stick to it.

Good luck, let me know if you need anymore help.
ReplyQuote

3 28 Oct 2009
Thanks heaps for that! I'll have a look through those recipes, and I've registered for the challenge happy
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
4 28 Oct 2009
thats Darren in the photo isn't it? man i am jealous
ReplyQuote

5 2 Nov 2009
Cloe said:
thats Darren in the photo isn't it? man i am jealous
Yes it's Darren. Aw don't be jealous he's super easy to meet! I've met him 6 times now. Just go to one of their gigs and it's pretty much guaranteed you'll get to say hello happy
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
6 2 Nov 2009
kayface15 said:
Hi Kay! Good on you for giving it another go! Think of the animals you are saving happy It's not hard once you discover what you can and can't have. The first few times I went grocery shopping I was in there for hours reading labels, now it's a breeze.

My fav cookbook is "Recipes for Health & Happiness" by Amanda Quinn. Very easy, basic ingredients and it was one of the first books I bought that I actually loved!

Check out "accidently vegan" thread on here for vegan goodies.

Also, www.veganperfection.com.au is based in VIC.
ReplyQuote

Ron Ron NSW Posts: 233
7 2 Nov 2009
I'll definitely second ""Recipes for Health & Happiness" by Amanda Quinn.

Another good Aussie book for easy vegan recipes with easily obtainable ingredients is "Wild Morsels - Delicious Vegan Discoveries" by Angela Stafford.
ReplyQuote

Vegetation Vegetation NSW Posts: 349
8 2 Nov 2009
www.veganyumyum.com has great recipes too. And if you google "vegetarian times" there's a fantastic recipe section there too from all their magazines.
ReplyQuote

fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me VIC Posts: 376
9 2 Nov 2009
I kinda stole the idea from vege2go in melbourne, but I have a new favorite happy

Steam some broccoli for 10 minutes, you dont want it too soft or else you end up with a big green moosh happy
Finely crush some garlic, mix it with some dairy-free butter, and toss it through the broccoli. I usually quickly fry some spring onion aswell, and then toss pasta throug it. It takes like 20 minutes and is so good, you can eat it cold!!! (minus the pasta tongue) Its so simple but you'll be surprised hpow awesome and good it is. I usually use an average sized broccoli with 2 cloves of garlic.

Taaaasty!
ReplyQuote

xgronox xgronox VIC Posts: 107
10 3 Nov 2009
youtube is also your friend. you can get some great recipes and actually watch them prepare it. found an amazingly good scrambled tofu recipe. easy to make and is delicious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj3WlkK6KXM

SEITAN WITH SATAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3O8LKmos8U
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au