Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Should you go Vegetarian or Vegan?

Is going vegetarian enough? Do you need to be vegan to be cruelty free?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Dbass Dbass QLD Posts: 6
1 6 Jul 2012
Lots of people want to live without killing animals. Some people start by cutting down on eating meat, or only eating fish, and some people go Vegetarian and still eat dairy and eggs. We all know, though that consuming any meat, dairy or eggs still causes animals to suffer and die.

If you agree that it is wrong to hurt animals unnecessarily (who doesn't?) and you think things like fur and whaling are wrong, then you should consider going vegan. It is certainly not necessary to eat meat, dairy, eggs or wear leather or wool. The millions of healthy and happy vegans in the world prove this! It is also not possible to consume animal products without hurting or killing animals. Our tastebuds or fashion sense are just not good enough reasons to kill.
Here is a great resource for anyone considering going vegan. http://vegankit.com/
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
2 29 Jul 2012
Vegan is better but harder.
ReplyQuote

cassie2 cassie2 VIC Posts: 212
3 26 Aug 2012
i personally see vegetarianism as a stepping stone to veganism. but it really depends on the individual.
i believe veganism is a lot easier than it used to just needs a bit more planning. happy
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
4 26 Aug 2012
Kelsey1 said:
Vegan is better but harder.
Its not very hard, its socially awkward though, makes going out a bit of a pain, but It's something we need to stand by until places are more vegan friendly

I found it super easy
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
5 27 Aug 2012
If you don't want to kill animals. Don't use Xerox.

If you don't want to sustain the justification for turning science and the natural world into history. Such as 'feeding a population of 'people'. Then avoid the parasites we dump into open fields chewing away at time and life nutrient gradually.
ReplyQuote

-- -- NSW Posts: 83
6 27 Aug 2012
what??? what??? and look at my big words????
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
7 27 Aug 2012
Definitely true.
Vegetarianism was definitely a stepping stone for me. I always new I'd end up vegan.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
8 27 Aug 2012
Casper.s2 said:
If you don't want to kill animals. Don't use Xerox.

If you don't want to sustain the justification for turning science and the natural world into history. Such as 'feeding a population of 'people'. Then avoid the parasites we dump into open fields chewing away at time and life nutrient gradually.
Well...

All the animals are DEAD after Xerox.

You're simply saving the Parasites (from being born::without demand for) that replace them and legitimize the land-waste and grab at sacred soil. Look I have a house here, this Land is obviously mine, You weren't doing anything with it. Obviously.

So sure... avoid eating meat, it is the aftermath, why support side effects of the ravaging greed. OR you could avoid using paper/supporting the systems which legitimize wasted time with machines running on tigers blood.

You havn't done anything worthwhile in a day if paper hasn't been inked and shredded because it is now a liability to their negligence. A sensitive document, is depreciating the value of a blank page... possibility and opportunity.

So strange how much damage --- being black and white.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
9 28 Aug 2012
Dbass said:
Lots of people want to live without killing animals. Some people start by cutting down on eating meat, or only eating fish, and some people go Vegetarian and still eat dairy and eggs. We all know, though that consuming any meat, dairy or eggs still causes animals to suffer and die.

If you agree that it is wrong to hurt animals unnecessarily (who doesn't?) and you think things like fur and whaling are wrong, then you should consider going vegan. It is certainly not necessary to eat meat, dairy, eggs or wear leather or wool. The millions of healthy and happy vegans in the world prove this! It is also not possible to consume animal products without hurting or killing animals. Our tastebuds or fashion sense are just not good enough reasons to kill.
Here is a great resource for anyone considering going vegan. http://vegankit.com/
Agreed! However, people who take the steps a little slower than others need to be supported just as much, if not more so than people who make the plundge immediatly, or have already done so. As these are the people that might be finding it a little harder to make that step, and need all the support they can get to make that journey.
(apologies, I just realised how religious that sounds! ashamed)
ReplyQuote

Leila9 Leila9 QLD Posts: 49
10 28 Aug 2012
Dbass said:

I think you can be on a cruelty free diet without being vegan though. Such as cruelty free milk, eggs, cheese .. if you make them yourself or along those lines. I can see the argument still that could lay within that, but none the less, it is cruelty free. But being on a vegan diet does make life highly cruelty free and in a sense of vegetarian or vegan, vegan is definitely more cruelty free.

It is much easier to be vegan these days also because it is becoming more popular, so there is more demand on vegan food, so it's great. However, it's probably only easier if you live somewhere that is meeting this demand, there is the option of online shopping, but is really expensive. The hardest part (I believe) about a vegan diet is the convenience and also the want. I still want alot of things that aren't vegan because they taste amazing, that's still hard, but my will power is stronger than the want for it, but it's still very hard & upsetting. Also in saying this, I went from an omni diet straight to a vegan diet. No stepping stones, no cheat days or moments. This worked alot better for me, because I know myself and if I did it gradually, I would have just kept jumping back and forth from steps (like, 1 to 2, then back to 1) So it is possible to go straight to vegan if that is within your personality. I remember saying to a vegetarian friend when I was omni, I said, "I can't live without meat. If there is no meat in my meal, it isn't a meal to me" I literally surprise myself every day that I'm vegan, because it has become my life and I almost forget that I'm vegan cause it's just the way my life is.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au