Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Need a chocolate fix!

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Miss Lady Vegan Miss Lady Vegan SA Posts: 20
1 9 Jul 2012
Hi y'all

Was wondering whether anyone knows of some awesome vegan chocolate I could buy (that I wouldn't have to buy online....) to make chocolate covered strawberries? I don't know what cooking chocolate is vegan and whether u can even buy one brand of chocolate in a supermarket (Coles, Foodland, Woolies, etc.) without it containing dairy! Rage... Anyway would love help happy
Also is there such a thing as vegan white chocolate?! New at this lol

Cheers

huh
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 9 Jul 2012
Dark or milk chocolate?

For dark:

Lindt 70% cocoa is vegan, as are many dark chocolates but check the ingredients list for milk solids.

For milk:

Sweet William chocolate chips will melt more evenly than blocks of chocolate. I use them in my chocolate chip cookies all the time... like the ones that are in the oven now.

Bonvita rice milk chocolate is good if you don't want a soy taste.

At any rate, chop the chocolate up really fine before you melt it. It will melt more evenly and you'll be less likely to burn it.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
3 9 Jul 2012
Whittakers dark chocolate is vegan. You can buy it from Woolworths or Big W.
I buy the 50% cocoa one as I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan, and it tastes more like milk chocolate happy
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
4 9 Jul 2012
both woolies and coles do a dark cooking chocolate that is vegan, it's the home brand versions, so always check
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
5 9 Jul 2012
mmm lindt 70% dark chocolate...
as for white chocolate, there's sweet william "white delight" which is pretty yummy too!
i guess it depends on individual taste but i think it's nice happy
ReplyQuote

Ashlyn Ashlyn WA Posts: 104
6 10 Jul 2012
I used to just microwave Sweet Williams Chocolate in a small bowl and dip it in and let it set, but have just discovered that Thick and Rich chocolate sauce and omg..mouthgasm!!! oh and its easier to do..
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
7 11 Jul 2012
don't forget oxfam stocks a nice range of vegan chocolates too, available in store and online.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au