Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Another reason why Live Animal Exports need to stop

1 - 5 of 5 posts

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
2 19 Jul 2012
IT's actually an interesting point I never considered. If they truly were throwing sheep overboard, which is something they need to prove in order for this point to be credible, it definatly could be connected to an increase in larger shark activity/attacks.

edit: also people don't take into consideration that the more commercial fishing is allowed the less fish in the sea - the more encouragement sharks are given to spread further to look for food.
Pretty simple- they're getting hungrier.
ReplyQuote

Bondi Tom Bondi Tom WA Posts: 79
3 19 Jul 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
IT's actually an interesting point I never considered. If they truly were throwing sheep overboard, which is something they need to prove in order for this point to be credible, it definatly could be connected to an increase in larger shark activity/attacks.

edit: also people don't take into consideration that the more commercial fishing is allowed the less fish in the sea - the more encouragement sharks are given to spread further to look for food.
Pretty simple- they're getting hungrier.
People are starting to realize now that over-fishing in the past and present could be the reason sharks are venturing closer to shore and paying more attention to human limbs.
I think it's a very valid reason for why we are now seeing more shark attacks. It's simple really, take away someones food and they get angry and hungry.
ReplyQuote

Tigers are Awesome Tigers are Awesome WA Posts: 30
4 9 Aug 2012
But I thought sharks hated eating people?
ReplyQuote

Bondi Tom Bondi Tom WA Posts: 79
5 9 Aug 2012
Tigers are Awesome said:
But I thought sharks hated eating people?
Apparently that's true, and that's the reason that sharks generally take a bite of a person and then spit them out.
But there seems to be a lot more bites being taken recently, and I think it's because they are losing their food source.
ReplyQuote

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).