Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pale?

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

AshleyJane AshleyJane QLD Posts: 17
1 20 Jul 2012
Ive been vegan for just under four months now (yay!)
And lately ive had so many people tell me ive suddenly become really pale.
Im not really sure why it was so sudden but i havent changed my vegan intake at all over the four months its sort of surprising because ive been really careful about it,

Could this just be my body finally getting used to not having meat ?
Better yet, has anyone else had this problem ? any idea how to sort of get the blood back in my face haha.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 20 Jul 2012
Hmm. Have you started using a new kind of makeup or anything like that? Have you noticed the paleness yourself or could it be some sneaky conspiracy between your relatives/friends to get you to eat meat again? tongue

I didn't notice a difference when I went vegan because I've always been pale, and my mum and dad have pretty pale skin.

Have you had a blood test to check your levels of everything are okay?
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
4 20 Jul 2012
It's winter. It happens.
ReplyQuote

Jordanfun Jordanfun WA Posts: 79
5 20 Jul 2012
It could be your friends just saying that. My friend became vegetarian and everyone told him that he looked skinnier when he had actually gained weight.
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
6 20 Jul 2012
KirstyGirl said:
It's winter. It happens.
My thoughts exactly! lol.
ReplyQuote

7 21 Jul 2012
I'm not going to go jumping to any lacking in vitamins conclusions with this one purely because all you said was that you're pale... lots of people are pale. Myself included and it has nothing to do with the food I eat but everything to do with genetics and it being winter in Tas and not getting much sun.
HOWEVER if you're not feeling well on top of that then sure see a doctor but if it's simply a problem of being pale, I say that's no problem. It's beautiful.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
8 21 Jul 2012
1. It's winter,and a bloody cold one
2. I've had so many people think my complexion was fine, until I said the word "vegan." Then suddenly I was pale. tongue
3. Pale does not always automatically signify iron deficiency. However it is always a good idea to ensure you eat plenty of iron-rich foods and avoid tannins 2 hours either side of meals.
ReplyQuote

9 21 Jul 2012
The Sair Scare said:
1. It's winter,and a bloody cold one
2. I've had so many people think my complexion was fine, until I said the word "vegan." Then suddenly I was pale. tongue
3. Pale does not always automatically signify iron deficiency. However it is always a good idea to ensure you eat plenty of iron-rich foods and avoid tannins 2 hours either side of meals.
Yeah I've had it yet never been more pale from it or had that whole paler mouth, under eyes thing either. Every symptom but that. Just FYI nothing to do with veganism though! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

SaRa_aRaS SaRa_aRaS QLD Posts: 54
10 23 Jul 2012
Sooo many people told me I was going to go stick skinny and pale when going vegan. I am not any paler than I was before, I think it's just something people think happens when really we are just eating healthier.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au