Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Make-up

Does anyone know some beautiful, quality vegan make-up?

1 - 10 of 32 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Debaybay Debaybay QLD Posts: 39
1 20 Jul 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm making the switch to be a pure veg-head and was wondering if anyone has had experience with vegan make-up? I would love to know of some quality foundations, powders, lipsticks, eyeshadows, eye pencils, mascara, blush, bronzers.. (I don't mind paying money for good products), because I love make-up.. =3

Please give me your advice and reviews (both positive and negative!) on the products you know. It would help me a great deal =D and I'm sure it could help anyone else who is looking for some vegan beauty products/tips too =]

Besides, vegetarians and vegans are beautiful people! We should show that to the world ;D =D

Thank you in advance!

Debbie
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
2 21 Jul 2012
Inika is amazing for foundation, brushes, eye-liner and mascara. http://inika.com.au/
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics make lip tar and eye shadow. http://www.occmakeup.com/
Lime Crime make really good lip stick. http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/

None of these companies are too overpriced, and they all make really good quality vegan and cruelty free products happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
3 21 Jul 2012
I use nude by nature cover, gorilla perfume at lush, youngblood blush, lush lip tints, mudd mascara (bought off ebay). All of these are mineral (except the lush stuff obviously) and organic. The main things you have to look out for are beeswax, lanolin, carmine (120) and make sure you avoid animal testing brands. happy
Congrats on going veg! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
4 21 Jul 2012
I use Natio face powder, eyeliner and mascara and Manic Panic eyeshadows and lipsticks. Instead of lip balm I use Lucas  papaw ointment.

All of them are vegan friendly and cruelty free. That said, Natio lip products often contain beeswax and one of their lipsticks contains carmine. I use Manic Panic lip colour because it's vegan and they have much bolder, more alternative shades than any mainstream brand.

Natio's website on their products being vegan:

"Natio’s makeup and nail polish range is entirely free from animal by-products. However we recommend vegans avoid some of our lip products as they may contain lanolin or beeswax, and please note that Natio Lip Colour in Pretty contains carmine.  All ingredients are detailed on our website, so you can quickly see which of our products are vegan friendly."

and then:
"Be assured, any ingredients that you may identify as being potentially derived from both plant and animal sources, for instance lecithin, tristearin, squalene and glycerine, are certainly derived from plant sources."
ReplyQuote

5 21 Jul 2012
You guys are legends!!

@Vegesaurus: I had heard of Inika, and OCC before, but Lime Crime? That site is colourful haha! Inika's eyeshadows look amazing..

@KirstyGirl: Thank you!! and thanks for the tips, I don't think I'll find veganism too hard =D

@The Sair Scare: Phew! I don't have to chuck out all my make-up now since I have a few Natio things already =D
ReplyQuote

Sparkle Vegangrl Sparkle Vegangrl VIC Posts: 45
6 22 Jul 2012
ReplyQuote

lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
7 23 Jul 2012
Urban decay stuff is amazing if you are willing to buy their stuff online (beautybay.com) has some and im pretty sure its free shipping atm :3

If not then you could always try MAC (i think they are owned by estee lauder so depends where you stand with that company i have no idea what they do but yeah ill throw it in)

Also priceline now has a range of australian based makeup brands such as face of australia, australis, natio etc. Just check the label or online
ReplyQuote

SaRa_aRaS SaRa_aRaS QLD Posts: 54
8 23 Jul 2012
ecstatic LUSH now has a make-up range. I haven't personally checked it out yet so I'm not sure what they have but there grand opening was just on the weekend and it's called emotional brilliance or something. Woo I love lush
ReplyQuote

9 23 Jul 2012
Urban Decay! Soooo pretty =3!!!
ReplyQuote

Ronnie Ronnie QLD Posts: 205
10 26 Jul 2012
Debaybay said:
Hello everyone!

I'm making the switch to be a pure veg-head and was wondering if anyone has had experience with vegan make-up? I would love to know of some quality foundations, powders, lipsticks, eyeshadows, eye pencils, mascara, blush, bronzers.. (I don't mind paying money for good products), because I love make-up.. =3

Please give me your advice and reviews (both positive and negative!) on the products you know. It would help me a great deal =D and I'm sure it could help anyone else who is looking for some vegan beauty products/tips too =]

Besides, vegetarians and vegans are beautiful people! We should show that to the world ;D =D

Thank you in advance!

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Good news - in the next few months I'm opening an online vegan beauty products store.  I'll let you know when it's up and running.  You'll be able to get cosmetics, haircare, skincare, bodycare, vegan makeup brushes and some other yummy stuff.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au