Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pets Paradise goes into receivership!

1 - 10 of 21 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
1 31 Jul 2012

Vegan all the way Vegan all the way WA Posts: 44
2 1 Aug 2012
Sorry for any business going into receivership, but this is a BIG win for the animals!!!
ReplyQuote

lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
3 1 Aug 2012
yes finally our work is paying off just the other day i was walking past pets paridise in hornsby which was looking pretty busy so i just walked past and randomly semi shouted, PUPPAY FARMS
i try to restrain myself but sometimes it just comes out which makes us look like the bad guys so SORRY :C

hehe but hopefully this doesn't boost sales because darell lea declared bankruptcy and then sales went up (im guessing) and they don't seem to be closing their doors anymore
ReplyQuote

Hannahcolby Hannahcolby NSW Posts: 93
4 1 Aug 2012
can someone please tell me what a puupy farm is?
ReplyQuote

lyds lyds NSW Posts: 300
5 1 Aug 2012
Hannahcolby said:
look it up im sure you will find a shittone of information
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
6 1 Aug 2012
Hannahcolby said:
"Puppy mills are like factory farms for dogs", is a pretty apt description. For some really basic info check out this blog: http://www.unleashed.org.au/blog/2010-07/Stick-It-To-Puppy-Mills

Then jump right in here: http://www.oscarslaw.org/

I was really shocked when I started learning about puppy farms - like it had never crossed my mind for the longest time to wonder where a lot of the puppies in pet-stores came from.
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
7 1 Aug 2012
Anthony said:
I was really shocked when I started learning about puppy farms - like it had never crossed my mind for the longest time to wonder where a lot of the puppies in pet-stores came from.
I have to say I'm glad the pet shop I work at rarely sells dogs and cats.

Though I'm not sure on their full policy on buying cats/dogs or if they have a set of rules, I only know that they get them if customers bring them in :/
ReplyQuote

Hannahcolby Hannahcolby NSW Posts: 93
8 1 Aug 2012
wow. i dont have much to say, i am truely discusted. I had no idea. do they do this to cats as well? how have they covered this up over all these years? i always thought that those puppies came from breeders, from a house where they puppies run around with their mums and dads happy. Ill never buy a pet from a pet shop again! but then what about all these poor puppies that will not be sold, what happens to them?
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
9 1 Aug 2012
Hannahcolby said:
wow. i dont have much to say, i am truely discusted. I had no idea. do they do this to cats as well? how have they covered this up over all these years? i always thought that those puppies came from breeders, from a house where they puppies run around with their mums and dads happy. Ill never buy a pet from a pet shop again! but then what about all these poor puppies that will not be sold, what happens to them?
This does occur to cats aswell, however there isn't as big a demand for cats as there are "designer" dogs.
Pet stores purchase from non registered breeders, so they can be anything from an accident to a full on backyard breeder/puppy farmer. They don't give the mum's a break, they are only there to pump out a new litter of pups every season. Whoever produces the most puppies that look sellable tend to be the most appealing stockists for pet stores.
All puppies tend to be sold from pet stores because they are offered at a deceivingly "cheap" price and made to look like "designer dogs", the owner will sell them to you on the day, practically no paperwork involved.
They thrive on impulse buys, purchases without thought, which is why they get so many sold.
One of many problems with this is, because these puppies are bred with no regard to their wellbeing, or what they're bred to, you have no idea what kind of temperament or needs they will have, which is why people have no idea what they are paying for, can't end up catering for the dogs needs, and end up dumping the dog, usually at a shelter.
Not to mention all the $$$ needed for vetbills etc when they find out all the health problems the pup is most likely going to have.

Puppies sold in newspapers, internet sites such as gumtree and pet stores don't have to be registered, and don't undergo any health tests of any kind. Which is why they need to be boycotted.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
10 1 Aug 2012
I didn't know until today that Billy Baxters was owned by the same guy. Not that I've been to one in years but I'll definitely be boycotting that place now!
I walked past Pets Parasites a few weeks ago at the Collonades and had to hold myself back from yelling at the people inside.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au