Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pets Paradise selling pigs

Does anyone have an idea about the legality of this?

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
1 15 Aug 2012
Hey guys

PP is selling pigs (which look like wild boar crosses) in their Gold Coast store. Does anyone know the laws in Queensland regarding this? It doesn't seem legal to me. If it is, it sucks. If anyone is up that way could you call council/RSPCA regarding the matter.

Also anyone feel free to call PP and voice your disgust happy PH: 075-578-5599

On a good note over 60 PP stores have closed or are about to close all over Australia!
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 15 Aug 2012
I'm not sure about the legality of SELLING pigs, but I know it's illegal to have a pig if you live in certain areas for health reasons. Eg. You have to be a certain distance away from the city/water mains, etc.
ReplyQuote

Hannahcolby Hannahcolby NSW Posts: 93
4 15 Aug 2012
that doesnt sound right. i saw some kittens in pets paradise the other day, they were so tiny, they couldnt even open their eyes. I went and asked the store lady how old they were, she got so defensive and said they are 8 weeks old and they have a vet nurse working on site so the kittens are fine. I said thats ok, they just look very young and not well. this one little kitten was looking at us, but barley with open eyes. I dont believe for one second that it was 8 weeks old.
ReplyQuote

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
6 15 Aug 2012
hmmm... they are mini piglets... no more than 50cm ant $1800 a pop....

Ass*****  making money off animals again.....

why don't they prostitute their daughters and make money off them.

ps are you coming to the piggy protest on the 1st Sept and the Vegan Mingles/Singles night at Kindness house that night???
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
7 15 Aug 2012
Miss. Jones said:
Er, not sure if I'm okay with the notion of one form of discrimination being replaced by another. Why would you want to make their daughters suffer for their actions?
ReplyQuote

Hannahcolby Hannahcolby NSW Posts: 93
8 15 Aug 2012
The Sair Scare said:
Miss. Jones said:
Er, not sure if I'm okay with the notion of one form of discrimination being replaced by another. Why would you want to make their daughters suffer for their actions?
what she is getting at is they wouldnt like it if there own daughters were being sold for money, its just another way of putting it into perspective. I always refer back to using humans as an example. I dont think she meant punishing their daughters over their actions. I agree also, i think that they need to look at it like those pigs and cats and dogs all have mums, and they are taken away from their mums at a young age to be profit for the pet shops, they wouldnt do that to their own young why do it to a different species.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
9 15 Aug 2012
I bet pets paradise dont tell the customers that:

Not all local councils allow the keeping of pigs.You have to  Check with your council before purchasing any pigs – even pet pigs (Local Government Act 1993 Section 124 applies).

Schedule 2 of the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 states that ‘. . . swine must not be kept (and swine’s dung must not be deposited) within 60 m of a dwelling, shop, office, factory, church or other place of public worship, workshop, school or public place in a city, town, village or other urban part of an area.’ This means you need to own more than 1.5 hectares of land - majority of people dont own this much land esp in the gold coast, where the pigs are been sold.

Lets not forget that pigs become extremely desructive when they are bored and kept in a house, they will dig up your backyard and destroy eveerything - thats why they need to live on large acerage.

The Pigs been advertised look like they are Tamworth X pigglets. They certanily arnt mini pigs, the only true breed of mini pigs are Kune Kunes and yet they arnt as small as those "teacup" pigs.You cant buy Kune Kunes in australia either.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
10 15 Aug 2012
StephyA said:
On a good note over 60 PP stores have closed or are about to close all over Australia!
Why are so many shops closing? tongue
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au