Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Recent conversion

20 years later.

1 - 10 of 10 posts

gecko7267 gecko7267 QLD Posts: 8
1 19 Aug 2012
I was a vegan 20 years ago, then became complacent. I have recently converted back again and find it is so much better than it was then. There are so many new foods on the vegan/vegetarian market to try. However I'm not sure what to class myself as, as I still eat salmon and some cheese, though I didn't know until I found out in this forum last night about rennett in cheese . So can anyone tell me where I can get cruelty free cheese, and as I eat salmon,what do I class myself as?.I love VERY tasty cheese and havarti. I'm nearly 40 now and find it refreshing to see so many young people on here, rallying for rights for our animal friends.
ReplyQuote

vegiepete vegiepete SA Posts: 147
2 19 Aug 2012
im sorry .... but if u eat fish u cant be either vegan or vegetarian.....u can vegan cheese...but if i was u id cut out the fish.....
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 19 Aug 2012
Unfortunately you're not vegetarian nor vegan. If you only eat salmon, and no other non-sea food meats, you can class yourself as pescetarian.
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
4 19 Aug 2012
What you call yourself isn't as important as what you do. I wouldn't worry about classifying yourself. It might be to your benefit that people won't pigeon-hole you into a stereotype when trying to discuss an important animal-related issue.
ReplyQuote

-- -- NSW Posts: 83
5 19 Aug 2012
cheezly have a great variety and taste so good... the vegan cheeses without soy are the best because they melt
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
6 20 Aug 2012
If you eat fish you are a meat eater. Case closed.
ReplyQuote

7 20 Aug 2012
Ok, so on going on further investigations today, I AM pescetarian. I would like to quit ALL dairy, so would love to know what vegan cheeses are available, and where to buy them from. Just to clarify, I was a complete vegan 20 years ago, but due to an eating dissorder, recently recovered from, became complacent. I don't really eat eggs, but am getting a few rescue battery farm chooks in a couple of weeks to give them a better life. I will sell the eggs only to cover the cost of feeding them as I am on a disability pension. To the people judging me on eating salmon,, (that's the only meat I eat), I believe, as my daughter says, any reduction is a good reduction.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
8 21 Aug 2012
gecko7267 said:
Ok, so on going on further investigations today, I AM pescetarian. I would like to quit ALL dairy, so would love to know what vegan cheeses are available, and where to buy them from. Just to clarify, I was a complete vegan 20 years ago, but due to an eating dissorder, recently recovered from, became complacent. I don't really eat eggs, but am getting a few rescue battery farm chooks in a couple of weeks to give them a better life. I will sell the eggs only to cover the cost of feeding them as I am on a disability pension. To the people judging me on eating salmon,, (that's the only meat I eat), I believe, as my daughter says, any reduction is a good reduction.
Exactly! However,  I don't think it's about judging you for consuming salmon, in the end it's up to you, your decision etc. Have you seen earthlings? I think giving that a watch might be good for your opinion on this topic, and might assist you in gaining a bit of understanding as to how people can become distressed when people choose to be pescetarian rather than vegetarian or vegan. I'd recommend that documentary to anyone, regardless of their opinion. peace
ReplyQuote

10 21 Aug 2012
I watched Earthlings a couple of months ago, but could only handle half of it before tuning it off after watching animals being skinned alive. To say it was horrific is  gross understatement.Perhaps I will be able to watch the rest one day. I also posted it on facebook, and got not ONE reply. People simply dont.want to know where their clothes and food come from. I also posted, yesterday, a few facts and links on dairy farming. I am 39 and have osteoporosis, also due to an eating dissorder, but I'm sure milk played a part as well. Again, no reply from my friends and family. They dont want to know. I think this forum is a great way for getting information out there to the public.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au