Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Giveaway- Free materials for activism (AA/ALV/PETA/other)

info sheets/leaflets/booklets on a range of animal & veg topics

1 - 10 of 10 posts

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
1 24 Aug 2012
Some would look at my cupboard and think I might be a hoarder of AR literature. That's not true, exactly...

I have collected & bought many booklets/leaflets and other random stuff over the years, but the "oh I'm totally using that when the circus comes to town!", the "awesome, I'm so going to hand these out near Melbourne Zoo!", and the "I'll pass one to every person I see wearing fur!!!" (etc) don't always translate to a *MISSION: COMPLETE*.

While I've handed out countless leaflets, I have not been able to keep up the pace with my cupboard due to work/uni/life/other activism and I want to find a new home for this nifty collection where it will live out its life's mission: be handed to someone who may be unaware of what animals face every day.

So, if you have any literature requests/needs or want to know what I have on X topic, please let me know and I can give you the details (it's a LONG list, that's why I haven't put it here). I can send them to you at no cost (Australians only!).
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
2 24 Aug 2012
I can plaster the noticeboards at Uni, and leave a pile with our local vego restaurant. What do you have?
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
3 24 Aug 2012
Do u have anything on rodeos?  I would love to get some off you if u have some, it would be really handy when the next rodeo starts
ReplyQuote

Debbo Debbo VIC Posts: 10
4 25 Aug 2012
Aimee,
From what you've said it would be hard for anyone to know what you are offering of use to anyone.  If you have a hoard of pamphlets, perhaps you could start by reducing what you have by tossing outdated pamphlets in the recycle bin, except for a few which may have historic value.  You haven't made it clear enough what you have that you think may be of use to others. Please be more specific.
ReplyQuote

5 25 Aug 2012
Debbo said:
Aimee,
From what you've said it would be hard for anyone to know what you are offering of use to anyone.  If you have a hoard of pamphlets, perhaps you could start by reducing what you have by tossing outdated pamphlets in the recycle bin, except for a few which may have historic value.  You haven't made it clear enough what you have that you think may be of use to others. Please be more specific.
I'm fine with what I posted. The list is long so I'll need time to go through it all. It's hard to find the time...

I did say animal & veg topics, so for a slightly narrower idea: factory farming and veganism. However, I also have ones for side issues.

*sigh*

With your feedback in mind, I forfeited sleep to go and have a look tongue

LEAFLETS (I have a few other randoms not listed, but the volume of these ones listed here range from an acceptable pile- > large pile).

Environment:
Think You Can Be a Meat-Eating Environmentalist? > http://www.vegsoc.org.au/downloads/VVSQ-enviroLeaflet-outside.pdf

Factory farming :
The Naked Facts (egg-laying hens) - ALV
Milk Sucks - ALV
old Save Babe & Free Betty AA leaflets
KFC tortures animals - ALV
Kentucky Fried Cruelty - PETA & different ones from PETA AP
Chicken Factories - Consumer action sheet - Voiceless

Other:
Circuses are no fun for animals - PETA Asia Pacific
Being boiled hurts - let lobsters live! -  PETA
Fish- If you wouldn't eat your dog... - PETA
Ban Jumps Racing - CPR
Animal Rights -  brief summaries of animal issues - PETA

Experimentation/Testing:
Cut Class Not Frogs - PETA2 - 2 kinds
Cruelty Free Cosmeticz? - booklet on the issues of animal testing - Choose Cruelty Free
Stop vivisection - ALV

OTHER
Free For All - DVDs - PETA2
I am not a nugget - DVD - PETA2
PETA sticker sheets

I also have a box of "Why Vegan?" booklets that I paid for.

Hey Glen, I'd really like these to be placed in to people's hands while leafleting or running stalls. Leaving them at a veg restaurant is probably preaching to the converted, and plastering them on uni noticeboards will generally get them either removed or ignored.
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
6 25 Aug 2012
I don't get it :/ ?
very sorry..probably because im very tired! :SS
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
7 25 Aug 2012
I WOULD LOVE the "why vegan" "milk sucks" & egg ones!
and maybe a few of the others, i am organizing a regular vegan bake stall to raise money for animal charities and would love some pamphlets to hand out!
ReplyQuote

Debbo Debbo VIC Posts: 10
8 25 Aug 2012
That's a great collection there Aimee.  Thanks for listing what you have, and sorry for the lost sleep...   ashamed2   You're right, they would be perfect for a weekend market stall or even a Farmer's Market, if someone has a little bit of space on their table for passersby to take a look.
ReplyQuote

9 26 Aug 2012
Great! Please private message me with your details and I will send them ASAP.
ReplyQuote

10 28 Aug 2012
Also, Foie Gras leaflets.
ReplyQuote

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).