Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Recently transitioning into a vegan lifestyle and need some help!

mainly hygiene products

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Jessicasneeze Jessicasneeze ACT Posts: 31
1 30 Aug 2012
I was at the super market yesturday and I could only find one brand of shampoo and conditioner that doesn't test on animals... I couldn't find cruelty-free deoderant. I didn't even bother looking at the shower gel/soaps either. HELP ME!!  sad
P.S - I am absolutely disgusted that I couldn't find any cruelty-free products with ease. It really shows how important it is to be educated!  furious
ReplyQuote

JessBrazil JessBrazil VIC Posts: 97
2 30 Aug 2012
Have a look for Organic Care, they're usually in Coles and Safeway. They do body wash, shampoo, conditioner. Super cheap too.
My favourite brand at the moment is Sukin, they do face wash, body wash, shampoo, conditioner and heaps of other things. You can usually find them at chemists or perhaps Priceline? They're a little dearer though but well worth it.
I'v heard a lot of people recommend Natio deodorant ( think you can get it at Myers) but I use Body Crystal which is in the supermarket too. happy
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
3 30 Aug 2012
Congratulations on becoming a vegan clap

What i do since i live in a rural area that is big on dairy and beef production there isn't much cruelty-free products available so i buy online. I buy all my products from Lush - there cheap, smell and feel great and 98% of there products are vegan.

Here is there website >  http://www.lush.com.au/
ReplyQuote

4 30 Aug 2012
eee so helpful! thank you so much :: Priceline is at my local shopping centre so I'll have a good look there for some stuff happy
ReplyQuote

5 30 Aug 2012
Still transitoning into the vegan diet and lifestyle, Can't wait until I'm all the way there. I live in Brisbane and there is a lush store in the city that smells great all the time, I had no idea all their products were vegan though! thanks heaps happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
6 30 Aug 2012
Congratulations! Priceline has a much better selection of vegan products. I buy my deodorant from Natures Works (Tasmanian owned) do you have any small natural product/food shops that you could check out?
ReplyQuote

sophxx sophxx NSW Posts: 169
7 30 Aug 2012
I find body crystal deodorant (supermarkets) works best for me, as do sukin face products (priceline) and organic care shampoo and conditioner (supermarkets.) Organic care also does body wash. Off the top of my head, other brands i can think of are natio, australis, face of australia, lush. Also lots of health food shops have a section of cruelty-free products happy
ReplyQuote

Leila9 Leila9 QLD Posts: 49
10 31 Aug 2012
Jessicasneeze said:
I was at the super market yesturday and I could only find one brand of shampoo and conditioner that doesn't test on animals... I couldn't find cruelty-free deoderant. I didn't even bother looking at the shower gel/soaps either. HELP ME!!  sad
P.S - I am absolutely disgusted that I couldn't find any cruelty-free products with ease. It really shows how important it is to be educated!  furious
Hey!
I dont know if you know this already, but if you have facebook there is a page called
"Vegan products you can buy in Australia"
it's awesome!! I has really helped me out.
Theres a roll on deodorant thats called Harmony Kiss (I think) It's small and pink. happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au