Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Who has seen Peaceable Kingdom?

I just saw the trailer and had a teary

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Jessicasneeze Jessicasneeze ACT Posts: 31
1 31 Aug 2012
It looks like a really sad doco, but it also looks like it might have some really nice parts to it too. Can anybody tell me what it's like and what to expect before watching it? I watched earthlings not too long ago, so I dunno if I can handle another doco like that right now haha...
ReplyQuote

JessBrazil JessBrazil VIC Posts: 97
2 1 Sep 2012
I have it ready to watch but same as you I want to know what I'm in for. I can't handle another Earthling like film either at the moment.
The trailer looked like it had some uplifting moments, but not sure if they'll outweigh the horrible parts.
ReplyQuote

cupcake185 cupcake185 WA Posts: 34
3 1 Sep 2012
Just put this on to download and will watch it tonight and let you know happy
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
4 1 Sep 2012
I actually watched it last week.

##SPOILER##
Its no where near as graphic to Earthlings. The only animals that you actually see being killed are:
- Chickens suffocated by carbon dioxide
- 2 baby Goats (dont actually see them being slaughterd (screen goes black) but you here the sounds they make which is really disturbing)

Its more about 5 farmers telling their stories about what change them and what they do now. Like there is a cattle farmer, dairy farmer, a humane police officer and a family who rescue animals. So yeah - nothing compare to Earthlings

Theres lots of lovely happy scenes - Don't want to spoil to much for you but my favourite scene was the one with the chicken and her baby. Its so cuuute! love
ReplyQuote

JessBrazil JessBrazil VIC Posts: 97
5 2 Sep 2012
I just watched it, and I found it extremely graphic.  Not as much as Earthlings but defiantly don't watch if you find cruelty triggering or upsetting. There were some nice uplifting scenes when they did rescues but it's about 50/50.
ReplyQuote

Jessicasneeze Jessicasneeze ACT Posts: 31
6 2 Sep 2012
Thanks everyone for your help happy I think I'll watch it a bit later on... I'm not really ready for it yet if it's disturbing. I'm glad it has uplifting moments though happy thanks heaps again everyone! much appreciated happy
ReplyQuote

cupcake185 cupcake185 WA Posts: 34
7 3 Sep 2012
I'm watching it now and it's nowhere near the graphic scale as Earthlings but there are a few scenes so far that have made me wince - it's otherwise quite a nice film in terms of positive animal treatment (the people sharing their stories anyway).
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
8 3 Sep 2012
I watched it a few months ago, i thought it wasn't any-where near as graphic as Earthlings but it does have some footage that may upset some people, i found the livestock auctions one of the saddest scenes mainly because i have witnessed this for myself  and what i have seen this the same as that in the movie.

I would reccomend it to watch as there are some motivating story's of farmers changing there life of farming animals to opening sanctarys and turning vegan.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au