Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Decent vegan wines?

1 - 10 of 23 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

JessBrazil JessBrazil VIC Posts: 97
1 3 Sep 2012
Does anyone know any decent vegan brands of Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc?
I use to drink Jacob's creek, but sadly they use a lot of animal products. sad
I've looked at guides and have a list, but wanted to know if anyone could recommend any before I just go for potluck.
Thanks.
ReplyQuote

vegiepete vegiepete SA Posts: 147
2 3 Sep 2012
try any thing that might come from mcclaren vale in adelaide  there are quite a few who do vegan wine in that area
ReplyQuote

Hannahcolby Hannahcolby NSW Posts: 93
3 3 Sep 2012
what animal products do Jacobs Creek wines have in them? I drink the mascato
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
4 3 Sep 2012
What animal  products are in wine ??
ReplyQuote

5 3 Sep 2012
Depends if they you're talking whites or reds and what brand.But unless they are labelled as vegan they generally have at least one or two of the following in any bottle....
Egg whites.
Skim milk.
Caseins.
Gelatine.

"In essence each of the animal products used in winemaking is a processing aid and in the wine industry they are referred to as fining agents. Each of these agents is simply a source of protein which when added to the wine reacts with tannin and then settles out thus removing the tannin. "

Not to mention the blood and bone and fertilizers used to grow the grapes.

So if you're drinking wine (unless it's vegan) you're still supporting horrible industries. sad

Giving up Jacob's Creek was the only product I've been sad with since going vegan. It's been my favourite wine for years. But I just bought a bottle of Yalumba Merlot which is vegan. Hopefully it's almost as good. Otherwise I'll just have to do a lot of taste testing tongue
ReplyQuote

6 3 Sep 2012
Hannahcolby said:
what animal products do Jacobs Creek wines have in them? I drink the mascato
They have egg whites and skim milk..and that's just what I know of. sad
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
7 3 Sep 2012
I hardly ever drink anyway - plus I don't like wine tongue thanks for telling me, honestly I never thought of what could be in wine before ^__^
ReplyQuote

the_ether the_ether QLD Posts: 35
9 4 Sep 2012
I'm not sure what the blends are, but Some Young Punks do great reds. My favourite is The Squid's fist. Naked On Rollerskates is lovely too. Beware their whites though, they aren't vegan. Hopefully that changes soon.
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
10 4 Sep 2012
Yalumba have two really nice whites that are vegan friendly and they're priced really well. They're Christobel, and Vermentino.
Some young punks in the clare valley have some nice reds too.
These are the wines I had for my wedding, so I had to do lots of resarch!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au