Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

BAM! MUMS GONE VEGAN!

after all this time!

1 - 6 of 6 posts

sammstein sammstein NSW Posts: 20
1 8 Sep 2012
So,
i was a vego for many many years,then went vegan.
i always harped on about animal cruelty etc etc n my family was always like "we r gunna do what we wanna do regardless,bla bla bla"
...even after all the cruel dairy,pig,chicken vids nothing changed them.

UNTIL about a week ago i made my mum watch Gary Yourofsky speak ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

now she refuses to eat meat or dairy products...

all my years of effort - no effect
he talks for 1hr 10mins and she never ever wants to consume meat or dairy again...

POWERFUL MAN THAT GARY YOUROFSKY .

WIN

Sparkle Vegangrl Sparkle Vegangrl VIC Posts: 45
3 8 Sep 2012
That;s awesome news ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Vegan all the way Vegan all the way WA Posts: 44
4 8 Sep 2012
Big win indeed! Great effort!

I shown the same video to some church friends recently, and while everyone find it disturbing, only one of them is dropping dairy and looks for milk alternatives.   "One step at a time" are the exact words use.. referring to refraining from meat eating.

Well, I will keep trying..next Earthlings!!
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
5 9 Sep 2012
My Mum won't even take the 30 day vegan challenge. I have told her everything I know and shown her evidence to support my ideals but still no interest. She grew up in a huge farming family though so I guess she's just stuck in her ways. If only she believed it all then maybe my Dad wouldn't have diabetes!!
ReplyQuote

sammstein sammstein NSW Posts: 20
6 10 Sep 2012
ecstatic thanks everyone,i feel totally proud of here...shes no longer the big 'black hole' in the room anymore hahaha.

Vegan all the way -
thats awesome,1 is better than none,good work ecstatic

and

Steph -
there is still hope.
i NEVER EVER though my mum of all people would change...and im still in shock that after everything i ever showed/told her,it only took listening to Gary Y speak and now her whole mentality has changed..
your mum may never change,( but, atleast you have tried to show her a diff way of thinking.)
hopefully she will tho! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).