Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

The nightmare has come true!

America is the worst place EVER!

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
1 14 Sep 2012
A few hours ago, my science class went outside to play a game similar to "Cat and Mouse." Except it was "Wolves and Elk." We pretty much had to be a wolf or an elk and "survive." Anyway, thats not the point. I overheard a GIRL in my class talking about HUNTING!
Apparently, (According to my secret spy skills,) she hunted for:
SPORT!
FUN!
AND WITH A BOW AND ARROW-INHUMANE!

And get this: She was TWELVE!

So, its not just Aussie that had 12 year olds hunting for a pastime!
ReplyQuote

Kacey Michelle Kacey Michelle NSW Posts: 92
2 14 Sep 2012
The act of hunting is so bizarre and horrible to me. I mean it's bad enough we have this horrible meat, animal cruelty industry, but adding to the pain and death for your fun? So wrong. My dads friend is a loud and proud hunter and I can't stand being around him. My dad makes 'jokes' about taking my brothers hunting to 'be men' and I get so mad. It's not even a funny joke.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
3 14 Sep 2012
um....

kelsey...

there were millions of wolves, then there were none.

I don't think hunting is a new thing
ReplyQuote

4 14 Sep 2012
Casper.s2 said:
um....

kelsey...

there were millions of wolves, then there were none.

I don't think hunting is a new thing
Of course I know that. My point is this is a a kid my age who is killing animals for no reason.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
5 14 Sep 2012
Kacey Michelle said:
My dad makes 'jokes' about taking my brothers hunting to 'be men' and I get so mad. It's not even a funny joke.
You know what would make them real manly?? Give their pray high powered weapons too..
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
7 14 Sep 2012
:/
I remember once my dad (when we were over in America for a holiday) he was all "Ally, i got a fun surprise for you!" i got excited, but then he said "We're going hunting!!"
and i said "for what?"

"SILLY...ANIMALS OF COURSE!!" he said back!!

I was too shocked he even thought i would like that...i couldn't even reply...
Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's disgusting about the twelve year old!!!
ReplyQuote

8 15 Sep 2012
AllyCat said:
:/
I remember once my dad (when we were over in America for a holiday) he was all "Ally, i got a fun surprise for you!" i got excited, but then he said "We're going hunting!!"
and i said "for what?"

"SILLY...ANIMALS OF COURSE!!" he said back!!

I was too shocked he even thought i would like that...i couldn't even reply...
Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's disgusting about the twelve year old!!!
Did you go? And why did your dad say that??!!
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
9 15 Sep 2012
alas for I cannot help pointing out the obvious here again v___V

her dad said he had  a surprise and it was hunting, because he likes hunting and figures it is a unique experience for his daughter... like old time explorers who feel all grandiose shooting someone elses' wild life as they have none left (they don't know why, but it is just people who did the same thing before them).

and secondly, he said silly animals, because that is what he thinks of them and thus how he copes with hunting them.

i'm glad you're so shocked by children hunting, it just makes me a little concerned how you might feel about other things which happen, like kids fighting in political conflicts et cetera

you're right it is a horrible thing and shouldn't be acceptable, it may seem like the world is waking up... but the closer to extinction animals get, the more people grow a conscience, it doesn't mean they see shooting animals is bad, they just don't like the idea of there being none left, if they breed well again.. they would just dust off their gun
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
10 18 Sep 2012
Casper.s2 said:
alas for I cannot help pointing out the obvious here again v___V

her dad said he had  a surprise and it was hunting, because he likes hunting and figures it is a unique experience for his daughter... like old time explorers who feel all grandiose shooting someone elses' wild life as they have none left (they don't know why, but it is just people who did the same thing before them).

and secondly, he said silly animals, because that is what he thinks of them and thus how he copes with hunting them.

i'm glad you're so shocked by children hunting, it just makes me a little concerned how you might feel about other things which happen, like kids fighting in political conflicts et cetera

you're right it is a horrible thing and shouldn't be acceptable, our may seem like the world is waking up... but the closer to extinction animals get, the more people grow a conscience, it doesn't mean they see shooting animals is bad, they just don't like the idea of there being none left, if they breed well again.. they would just dust off their gun
Oh course I didnt go!
Also casper, no, no, he said "silly....animals of course " meaning calling me sillu as I said "hunting for what?"
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au