Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Who Loves Hommus?

11 - 20 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
11 19 Sep 2012
Tanyaka said:
Maybe you could compare low fat versions to full fat and put calories per the same serve size .. kind of a health vs taste comparison??? If that isn't too hard tongue

My fiance eats lots of hommus types but he isn't vegan so I'll have to check what he eats and if it is vegan or not. I think he had Yumi's ? brand last time.

I love review blogs haha ecstatic
This one uses tahini and lemon juice to get the right consistency. I used half the amount of garlic the recipe said though, I don't want to fend off vampires THAT easily! tongue Will post the recipe as soon as I have time to type it up at home.
ReplyQuote

12 19 Sep 2012
Anthony said:
I'd recommend the hommus from Ankara Kebabs on Beaufort St, next door to the Inglewood Hotel.

I bought a kebab from a place on Canning Hwy once, and when the guy asked what sauce I wanted, I said "hommus, please". He refused to put it on, saying it was a dip, not a sauce!! So I said, "YOU'RE a dip!" and stormed out of there.

That last bit isn't true, but I wish it was. I just got tomato sauce instead. That was about 6 years ago, and I'm still bitter. You're the hommus expert BondiTom: who was right in that situation?
Hommus for breakfast lunch and tea, hommus on your toast, hommus on your leb bread falafel rolls, hommus in sandwiches... yeah Anthony you were in the right!
ReplyQuote

Bondi Tom Bondi Tom WA Posts: 79
13 19 Sep 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
Anthony said:
I'd recommend the hommus from Ankara Kebabs on Beaufort St, next door to the Inglewood Hotel.

I bought a kebab from a place on Canning Hwy once, and when the guy asked what sauce I wanted, I said "hommus, please". He refused to put it on, saying it was a dip, not a sauce!! So I said, "YOU'RE a dip!" and stormed out of there.

That last bit isn't true, but I wish it was. I just got tomato sauce instead. That was about 6 years ago, and I'm still bitter. You're the hommus expert BondiTom: who was right in that situation?
Hommus for breakfast lunch and tea, hommus on your toast, hommus on your leb bread falafel rolls, hommus in sandwiches... yeah Anthony you were in the right!
Seriously if you guys haven't been to Lush in Mount Hawthorn before and tried their hommus, then you are missing out.
ReplyQuote

14 19 Sep 2012
Bondi Tom said:
4_da_animals1 said:
Anthony said:

Seriously if you guys haven't been to Lush in Mount Hawthorn before and tried their hommus, then you are missing out.
Can they post it? tongue
ReplyQuote

cassie2 cassie2 VIC Posts: 212
15 20 Sep 2012
i love hommus especially with chopped veggies
ReplyQuote

Theodora Theodora VIC Posts: 47
16 20 Sep 2012
Awesome!
ReplyQuote

Deborah3 Deborah3 QLD Posts: 73
17 20 Sep 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
an awesome hommus recipe, would you like me to share it? wink
[/i would like that recipe please
ReplyQuote

18 20 Sep 2012
Deborah3 said:
4_da_animals1 said:
an awesome hommus recipe, would you like me to share it? wink
[/i would like that recipe please
My Recipe for a very quick and standard hommus is:
3 tins of washed chickpeas
3 tablespoons of tahini
3 teaspoons of freshly diced garlic
1 table spoon of olive oil
1 table spoon of balsamic vinegar
1/2 a lemon worth of juice
a drizzle of soy sauce
And enough water to make it a nice smooth constancy.
ReplyQuote

ezql ezql WA Posts: 54
19 20 Sep 2012
Anthony said:
I think if someone called me a dip I'd fart a rainbow
ReplyQuote

20 7 Oct 2012
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).