Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Who Loves Hommus?

21 - 24 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
21 7 Oct 2012
Bondi Tom said:
Excellent. Have appreciated the first few reviews, and never knew Little Creatures had a decent hommus. I'll definitely check it out next time I'm down there (i.e. tomorrow morning just after breakfast).
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
22 8 Oct 2012
I'm sorry I'm completley hopeless and got distracted during the school holidays, completley forgot about the recipe thing! Will post in the next day or so for real this time! ashamed
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
23 26 Oct 2012
Taken from the Magaret Fulton Cookbook
Hommus with tahini
1 cup chickpeas soaked overnight in water to cover or 1 1 cups canned chickpeas
Juice of 1-2 lemons
2 large cloves of garlic, crushed (I only use one coz Im a garlic wuss)
Salt
cup tahina paste (sometimes a bit more is nice)
A little olive oil
A sprinkling of cayenne pepper or paprika (I used smoked paprika or taroma powder)
Rounds of pita bread to serve
Boil the soaked chickpeas in plenty of water for about 1 hour or until very soft. Drain but save at least cup of cooking liquid (good to save most of it to be safe, if using canned you can use a bit of vege stock instead, I use powdered vege stock if needed and make the exact amount) puree the peas in a food processor or blender. Pour in a little of the lemon juice, adding enough cooking liquid to blend the peas to a smooth paste.
Add the crushed garlic, salt and more lemon juice, and slowly beat in more tahini. Blend to a creamy paste and add more lemon juice, cayenne pepper or paprika and salt to taste.

I finally got the time to type it up for ya, I swear by this recipe it's the best hommus I've had so far. wink
ReplyQuote

Bondi Tom Bondi Tom WA Posts: 79
24 28 Nov 2014
Just thought I'd let everyone know I've put a few more blog posts up on "The Hommus Diaries"
http://thehommusdiaries.blogspot.com.au/
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au